The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,627

Thank you so much for sharing. I've reset my router to factory settings now, hope it works 🤞

Sadly must report on my end that my VPN trick stopped working. Even on US server i got the dedicated server error twice in one day. So i guess it's not a server problem. Now i look like a fool 😔

• OrangeBear
    edited November 2023

So this did work for first 2 days but then it started happening again. I can't play a custom bot match at all because it keeps disconnecting shortly into the match.

I notice that for whatever reason i am getting extremely poor upload speeds (around 500 kbps, it should be around 5-12 Mbps for me) factory resetting it seemed to fix it temporarily but it's back to how it was and i am not changing any settings.

An engineer from my ISP is coming to look at my internet tomorrow so i hope they can fix it.

But yeah it's probably not a server issue. But other people in this thread have already tried fixing their internet and that didn't work either.

I really don't understand this issue at all ☹️

I'm just gonna have to keep trying things until it works.

But once again i really do appreciate Ziza's comment since it did help me towards solving the issue.

• Ziza
    Ziza Member Posts: 20

i hope you get it sorted out, i happened to me again but i recently changed my internet speed and modem to a more recent one since then i literally only happened once, you can also try unblocking some ports on your modem/firewall

• TCP local port 27015 (default): SRCDS Rcon port
    • UDP local port 27015 (default): gameplay traffic

theres also these ones for DBD got them for the port fowarding site

TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037

UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036

• Ziza
    Ziza Member Posts: 20

humm i dont know why my previous comment was deleted but you can try port fowarding steam multiplayer ports, you can add the address to your router or firewall (router works better because it applies to everything) i recently switched my internet speed and got a new router a more modern one, since then it literally happened just once, i hope you get this sorted out, if i find anything that can help you guys im gonna post it.

Dedicated or Listen Servers

• TCP local port 27015 (default): SRCDS Rcon port
    • UDP local port 27015 (default): gameplay traffic

• OrangeBear

Hey, thanks.

After my ISP came round and adjusted my internet setup (some cables were in the TV box instead of the router etc) and also installed a wireless signal booster. My internet issues have been resolved i have not had this error in a week.

• RecKLEssNuggets
    RecKLEssNuggets Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Just had the same thing happen here y'all, if you're on steam i just went ahead and deleted cache on steam and went back in to press play

• EasternSpock
    EasternSpock Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2023

Oddly enough, this stopped happening to me. I wish I had some fix to share, but nothing about my internet changed as far as I know, made no adjustments other than what I had already tried several times (cache clearing, port forwarding, etc.) - and seemingly no revelations in all my messages with support. It's possible that something I did resulted in the fix but it's difficult to say because I tried a lot of different things and played pretty sparingly before I took a break.

When it was bad it was happening every single day, multiple times a day, and that seems to be the case for others as well. I took a break feeling like I'd reached a bit of a dead end in July. Some time around Sept/Oct I started playing regularly again and it has only happened one time in the past few months and I played a ton during October.

I'm glad it stopped for me but it is very frustrating that there was no solid explanation as to why it was happening, and no obvious indication of what caused it to stop happening. Sorry to see that it's still an issue for some.

• davekc41
    davekc41 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 7

This is still happening. I’m on PS4 in the UK and I’ve just had it happen yet again. I’ve noticed that last two times was when unhooking a survivor but it makes me not want to play at all and take advantage of the event and double bloodpoints as the server issues can just disconnect me and potentially apply a ban. It’s happened 3 times in almost as many days.

• eisenbuns
    eisenbuns Member Posts: 99

Really can't believe we started this thread in June 2023 (after experiencing issues from March 2023 onward) and this still isn't resolved. Getting kicked game after game. I thought we had a coordinator at one point? I see mods are closing other threads with this problem claiming it's a technical issue, which is very helpful! Let us not forget that this was marked as an 'acknowledged' bug at one point in time and many, many people have jumped through hurdle after hurdle to 'fix' a client-side internet issue that doesn't exist.

• Wikimancer
    Wikimancer Member Posts: 7

I came here yesterday (Jan 15) because I started encountering the issue again, and it's still going on today (Jan 16). As with others, I've tried fixing it on my end (resetting modem, etc.), to no avail. And, unfortunately, BHVR's system punishes me for their own disconnects, so I keep having to wait between queue-ups for maybe-full-or-maybe-incomplete matches. :-\

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 377

Just had it happen again, as it has several times before. Not that it matters, but it was a double-Iri Myers on Lery's. The last gen was nearly done, and not only did it boot me, but it actually gave me a matchmaking penalty of 30s. I have never once DC'd from a game in progress, I should for sure not be getting penalties. Only times I 'leave the match' is when the servers boot me for no reason. This is frustrating. 😓 Please fix this error!!

• disgruntled32
    disgruntled32 Member Posts: 31
  • disgruntled32
    disgruntled32 Member Posts: 31

Still happening for me on ps5

• SkylarPup
    SkylarPup Member Posts: 112

I reported this issue and was told this was a Tech Issue.

This isn't a tech issue and there is something going on with the servers. It happens to me daily. I am not sure what is going on with the East Coast US Servers but it seems to be having problems.

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/406289/disconnecting-from-servers#latest

• CECtheRonin
    CECtheRonin Member Posts: 5

Same. It's a problem for us on the West Coast as well. I feel like Behavior is giving us the runaround without actually addressing the problem.

• theoracle44
    theoracle44 Member Posts: 47

Been experiencing this on and off for the best part of a year now. I have tried reporting it but have been told that it's a technical issue like many others here. I can't play a match without getting disconnected at the moment.

• FixTheGame1
    FixTheGame1 Member Posts: 2

it’s June 2nd, 2024 and this issue has not been resolved after current update!!!!!! It happened to me multiple times this week. Now I can’t play for 29 FREAKING MINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idk why this is still happening. I get penalized for the crappy server messing up. I was planning on streaming my first video live playing Dead by daylight, but after going through this crap; something that should have been (FIXED) by now, I changed my mind on it. It’s a freaking shame I can’t enjoy a game I’ve spent too much money on.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 625

68 upvotes. Not bad.

• ArcT
    ArcT Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 90

Any time that somebody on the dev team would like to look at this, it's six plus months overdue.

And after being kicked by your garbage netcode three games in a row, including one where it loaded in and every single player had a red ping and two DCed within 5 seconds before I also got "Dedicated Server not responding", getting real goddamned sick of YOUR garbage netcode and servers penalizing me.

• ArcT

There are reports about this almost every single page going back dozens.

Fix the issue, or at least provide a more useful error message. Your servers arbitrarily kicking people out of games and then slapping them with disconnect penalties, if AND ONLY IF they were playing survivor at the time, is just goddamned astonishing implementation of netcode. No other multiplayer game I play has this much instability, so I am exceptionally doubtful that it is a technical problem on my end, nor anybody else's, to be this pervasive and constant of an issue.

• ArcT
    edited June 26

I'll be happy to bump this once a day, each time that I see this error.

Which once again, I saw two more times today.

Getting really incredibly truly tired of this crap, which I do not see in literally any other game, or even DBD until a few months ago.

Post edited by ArcT on
  • sausage11
    sausage11 Member Posts: 127

Same issue here. I experience it at least once a day. Very annoying. Playing on Steam and EU servers.

• ArcT

Another day, another inexplicable "dedicated server not responding".

• nickoli2233
    nickoli2233 Member Posts: 100

Today I had this happen twice in a row. Once in the middle of a match another after the game took three minutes to load in. Thank you BHVR, very cool.

• sausage11

Yup, happened to me again. 3 times this week now. Always when I play killer and ALWAYS when the match was right about to end. Lost all my points ofc, while the survivors go out with all their rewards and BP. As it is MY fault that BHVR's servers are unstable. Such a joke. Fix your EU servers BHVR.

• PogbertChamperson
    PogbertChamperson Member Posts: 138

My biggest gripe is if you offer a white/black ward to protect your items/addons you will still lose them if you get this error. Rip my 5th year flashlight )':

• bogwitch69
    bogwitch69 Member Posts: 64

this has happened to me three times in the past HOUR. it happened literally just as i was about to escape and i called it quits for the day. love losing everything because of something out of my control.

• sausage11

Happened to me again :) So 2nd time for today. I was about to do my daily as Huntress, got to end game with 2 kills and then the game froze suddenly again. Dedicated server error. I'm going off for today, and idk if I really want to play with this bug anymore. All my progress from the matches are gone.

BHVR FIX THIS SERVER ISSUE. WHAT ARE YOU DOING AND WHY IS NOBODY FROM THE DEVS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?

• ArcT

Was in the game for maybe 20 seconds and then it DCed me.

Just absolutely amazing.

• ArcT

Fix the damn servers.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,101

same for me. They’ll find a solution soon 😊

• Anci___ent
    Anci___ent Member Posts: 5

(Google translate)Surprisingly, I have had this problem since April-May. Every 1-5 matches the game freezes and throws out with this error and gives a ban. But what is even MORE AMAZING is that this problem does not occur when using GeforceNow cloud games. You can probably be kicked out of a match once every 3 months and you won’t even get a ban. Why is this? And yes, I looked everything on the Internet, nothing helps. I think sometimes the Windows can be changed, but I don’t think it will help.

• sausage11

The devs should really acknowledge this issue. It's still happening to me.

• Killer_Queen
    Killer_Queen Member Posts: 97

PS5 and in AZ, been happening here too, just happened and I was doing well 😞

• ArcT

I should note that it hasn't necessarily stopped happening for me. I've just stopped playing since the anniversary.

And zero dev response to the dozens of logs posted in this thread for months after asking for that to be done.

• n000b51
  • sausage11

There actually is proof that hackers can disconnect you from the server. Have a look especially near to the end.

• eisenbuns
    eisenbuns Member Posts: 99
    edited July 20

This thread is over a year old and still has people commenting on it in 2024 because this issue is still not fixed. We had someone reviewing this from the dev team, if I remember correctly, but no one has updated us. New threads about this problem get hit with the "you seem to be having a technical issue" and thread closure.

Devs, what is going on?

They implied it was my internet connection , they implied it was because of the Internet Exchange Point in Boston… But I have moved to Washington State. I have a new ISP, new computer, new router, new everything. But this is STILL happening. I have a 15 minute penalty today, for the third day running, because of this problem.

It is absolutely ridiculous and punishing that I and so many others are dealing with this. If you can't fix it, at least stop punishing us for just wanting to play your game. 7k hours, btw. I buy every single chapter on release day, have spent hundreds of dollars on this game, and am just in general very passionate about it because I love it (it's a toxic relationship, I know).

I am deeply disappointed and upset by the lack of response.

ETA: I hope this is okay, but I'm going to tag @Jocelynbee who was our mod coordinator from last year. Could we possibly get an update here?

• sausage11

Thank you for speaking up on it, hopefully we finally get an answer from the devs now...

• ArcT
    edited July 25

Still happening. Any time a dev feels like responding, it's past due.

And I've posted a half dozen logs with zero response, so I'm not keen on posting more.

Post edited by ArcT on
  • sausage11

Yeah I assume the devs are currently busy fixing all the map bugs, and before they were probably all working on the 2v8 mode. It's still sad that they seem to completely ignore this issue lately...

• Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 521

lately? They ignored this very issiue for YEARS now. Last year they asked for logs.. cool. Still no perma solution against this.

• sausage11

Just had this happen to me in 2v8 mode again. Played as Naughty Bear, me and Wraith actually got 7 survivors killed already when we headed to the exit gate to kill the last one. Then it happened, all the movements got froze all of a sudden and then I got hit with the "Dedicated server not responding, disconnecting.." error. It made me ofc lose all my progress from the match, as well as my just achieved rift challenge (sacifice 4 survivors). Extremely annoying and frustrating.

In the end game screen it showed that ONLY me "disconnected", the wraith only had 0 points but didn't disconnect apparently.

• n000b51
    edited July 25

The scoreboard is bugged too : it doesn't reflect totally the final score when a DC happens. The fact is: in the 2v8 a disconnected killer should be replaced by a bot. But Devs apparently didn't think about that neither or it is too problematic to do rn…

So logically, you have no idea what happens in the match after your crash @sausage11 if the other killed was still in game ? I mean I know the Spectator is disabled after a crash but who knows…

• sausage11

I mean the match was already over as the last survivor was opening the exit gate when the server crash happened. And I think if the dedicated servers crash, the match ends for everyone, but only the survivors get their rewards.

• n000b51

Oh ok thank you for your reply.

• sausage11
    edited July 26

Happened to me again just now :) Waited nearly 20 minutes for a killer match, played 5 minutes (and it was going well) then server crashed again :) So so frustrating, its unbelievable

Also its so weird that only matches crash that are going well for me. There has never been a dedicated server crash when I was doing bad as killer. I feel like hackers really might be able to crash servers... As stated by these redditors as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/s/O5oYOoElGk

Post edited by sausage11 on
  • n000b51

Can I say 'Technical Issue' and 'if you require help, use the 'Ask the Community' for help' ?
    More seriously, yes crashes happens more frequently at the end of the match, and in some 'weird' circumtances.
    I have no idea why it happens in the same way again & again, but when I'm playing as survivor, these timely crashes suit me very well.
    'Toxicity has no limit' and I'm apparently toxic :(

• Sika21
    Sika21 Member Posts: 6

The same exact thing has been happening to me since July 26, only it disconnects me after playing about 30 seconds in a match or when the killer is about to interact with me. I even made a post about it here, but it still hasn't been reviewed. And to think I can play 2v8 mode just fine AND earlier that same day it started, I had played a couple of regular dbd matches and everything was working fine.

This discussion has been closed.