The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The One Stop Shop for Legion ideas! Come on in and take a look...

Comments

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited October 2019

Here at @UlvenDagoth 's request.

A quick fix I'd do to make Legion more fun to play would just be to make Feral Frenzy infinite unless the Legion is stunned, misses a swing, or ends their power.

Change Frank's Mixtape so that it Considerably increases Power Recovery and make the Feral Frenzy Duration set of add-ons into Feral Frenzy Speed add-ons.

Bam, Legion's power becomes usable and fun without much of a change and without them becoming overpowered; since it's impossible to down a Survivor while in Feral Frenzy.

However Legion is now able to reliably use their power to slow down Survivors and keep people injured, which is what the devs wanted them to do anyway.

Also make the buttons apply on first hit. I don't understand why that hasn't been done yet.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Thank you! @TheRockstarKnight

• GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206

Yeah right now, more than a power change i would prefer a completely rework

• UlvenDagoth

As long as they keep the "Rush Down" playstyle they have now! I love that the most about Legion! That's what we are trying to keep here! Feral Frenzy is great fun!

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

No problem. @UlvenDagoth

Hopefully the devs take a look at the ideas in this thread sometime; plenty of cool stuff.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I second what @NullSp3c said about the second idea: Legion should ultimately be a rush killer, not a sneak one. We already have Ghostface comparisons!

I propose that we take the same concept of Mob Mentality but instead the member seizes and holds the survivor in place for the player to stab. Every player in the map gets a scream notification, the killer sees the aura too. The grasp is inescapable except through other flashlight or cracker saves, if the survivor has a cracker themselves, or if the survivor “wiggles” like normal and claws at their hand or elbows them in the face - this would disable the trap, I think this would be more in line with Legion, it’s lore friendly, and probably won’t require as much code spaghetti as making accurate ai.

• GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206

Yes i mean a rework still with the frenzy (Like freddy still has the dream world)

• UlvenDagoth

Very interesting take on the Mob Mentality Idea! I'd love either one!

Ohhh i get ya now!

I wish i knew how to get one in here... and that they'd comment on the idea

• LegionMain343
    LegionMain343 Member Posts: 198

I think the first idea is good. And the second idea is cool too, but it'd be too op. If it were to kill a survivor/put in dying state, it would be more annoying I'd believe. It should at least put em in deep wound. Even then it would be op. So first idea's better, and while 2nd is cool, it'd be too op. Sorry Legion bro :(

• UlvenDagoth

EDIT! I crossed out the 2nd idea since most seem to not like it or think it's OP! The Legion has spoken!

I also remembered to credit @Kabu For there ideas on the first post! Sorry about that!

• UlvenDagoth

That's okay! I need the feed back to keep this thread alive and the ideas flowing!

• UlvenDagoth

I like the idea of having traps for Legion since it works with the playstyle. Legion is an information killer, and must act on it quickly. Setting up ambushes makes sense with their lore anyway, so I'm surprised it wasn't there...

I would advise instead of just disappearing in smoke, that they attack then run away behind cover before vanishing. That way it feels like there is more than one killer is in the map at once. It'd require a bit of coding on the Dev's part, but I think this suggestion would give Legion a non frustrating element to them.

Oh, and maybe they chase after the survivor that triggers the trap until they get hit or they miss. That'd be cool too.

A bit of an add on from my fellow Legion main @Raven014

• LegionMain343
    LegionMain343 Member Posts: 198
    edited February 2020
    Post edited by LegionMain343 on
  • UlvenDagoth

I know! It's a really good take on it! I really hope the Devs see and comment on all this!

• UlvenDagoth

Daily bump so the Devs might see this! I refuse to let it die

• UlvenDagoth

I do too! im trying to think up even more ideas too keep it going!

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

Be careful about bumping threads. It's in the forum rules.

• UlvenDagoth
  • phantasmal
    phantasmal Member Posts: 144

Some of them most definitely seen it but they def won't comment for multiple reasons.

• If they comment on one thing then people would rightfully expect them to comment on everything, which is obviously an unrealistic expectation, noone has that much time.
    • The opinion of one dev does not reflect everyone's feelings on the matter.
    • They also prob don't want to influence our thought process too much

I certainly understand your feeling, uncertainty and apparent lack of care sucks but that's just how things are.

And I def share your excitement about the whole Mob Mentality thing, I have this mental image of being able to order a Legion member to take cover around the corner, like how Haytham is standing here: https://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-3/a/a6/Assassins_Creed_3.Screenshot.29.jpg

And that'd be so cool.

• UlvenDagoth

I guess... It just would be nice to know that they have seen all these good ideas. I really am trying to think up more and more reworks or ideas. I really want Legion to be better, but keep the same Rush Down Playstyle.

Also YES that picture is like what i was thinking!

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

This sounds like a very cool concept. It would make Legion way more appealing to play as.

I especially like the idea @pemberley proposed, about the team member holding the survivor for the main player to come stab, it's extra brutal and I'm sure it would be less buggy then trying to make a npc Lunge and hit a survivor, especially when you consider they can employ tactics that cause a human to miss hits.

Maybe a stipulation would be that they have to be placed next to a collideable object as to mimic them hiding in cover.

The appearance and disappearence of the team members would be hard to do smoothly with eyes possibly watching from all angles so I think the puff of smoke would be the simplest solution.

None the less, I hope to see some of these ideas throughout the entire thread in what is hopefully a inevitable Legion rework.

• UlvenDagoth

Same! I like the idea of them grabbing onto the survivor too, though as one other person here said, I'm not sure it should be tied to DW. It's kinda a HUGE FLAG that something is going down.

I do really like the idea though and it goes back to the gang or "Legion" mindset that they have. It is even reflected in the Lore with stabbing that one guy while the rest held him.

If that was combined with some of the other ideas for FF as a whole (such as the removing TR or the Increase to movement speed as you hit people with FF) and a removal of some of the needless nerfs (lose 50% of your bar with an M1. I never understood that, no other Killer has that right? Can't see blood in FF. Missing makes you eat a 4 second stun) or even just a lowering of those... I really think Legion would be in a very good place and would not be widely regarded as the Weakest or one of the weakest Killers.

Yes Devs, the exploit sucked for everyone. But please let the people who like them have something? I came back to DBD after I left in the horror days of 2016-2017 (I don't remember exactly when) cause I loved Legion's lore and playstyle. It's why I am STILL HERE despite the nerfing. So please, take some of these lovely Ideas!

• MongByeolBuddies
    MongByeolBuddies Member Posts: 146

Another thing that would be good about incorporating all team members into Legion's power is that it would really help my suspension of disbelief!

In one game, I'm a survivor being chased by a disfigured beast of a man with a chainsaw who eats people and I'm scared, then in the next, I'm a survivor being chased by a monster who has a face full of razor-sharp teeth and I'm scared, then in the next, I'm a survivor being chased by a teenage girl with a pointy ruler and I'm ... wait, what?!?

However, if that teenage girl was accompanied by three other teenagers hiding somewhere with knives, I actually would be scared. :)

• UlvenDagoth

You know, you right. We need a bit more scare factor in the game, but more so in Legion. These changes would bring that about. Then we'd quit having survivors say "Just a teenager with a knife" and Killers stop saying "A survivor that found a knife."

Though, interesting lore stand point here. Legion is the least messed up Physically.... which means the Entity didn't have to torture them to get them to work with her. They prolly just shrugged and looked at Frank who said "Sure."

• MongByeolBuddies

I just thought of this idea, and I think it's better and makes more sense, and completely removes mending altogether. I'm interested in what you think.

What about instead of Feral Frenzy applying Deep Wounds, it applied Marked for Death. MFD lasts 60 seconds. That gives you 60 seconds to use Mob Mentality. 

Then survivors no longer need to worry about mending, and the killer no longer needs to worry about using MM before the survivor mends. 

And for slowdown, Legion's add-ons can be changed this way:

Nasty Blade: Applies a considerable penalty to Sabotage, Healing and Repair Action Speeds for survivors affected by MFD

Filthy Blade: Applies a tremendous penalty to Sabotage, Healing and Repair Action Speeds for survivors affected by MFD.

• UlvenDagoth

Oh.... well the ONE issue I see with this new thing is it would make you need to run those two add-ons. That and i'm sure people would complain about being MFD. Though as far as that goes I don't care as much about that.

Perhaps put a slight penalty to MFD on those times base? Though, the main thing that would make me think is why would people remove it... Hmm...

I do like the idea of FF not putting Deep wounds on them, cause the way DW is right now, it's more annoying than threatening.

Side note I love the name "Marked For Death" cause it relates to the term "Mark" which is what thieves and such would call someone that looked easy to rob or fleece.

• MongByeolBuddies

Oh, that's a good point about the name; I didn't even intend that. :)

You asked -- "The main thing that would make me think is why would people remove it"? --

so I apologize for not making it clear -- Survivors cannot remove MFD, like they can with DW. The survivors would have that mark on them until the 60 seconds ran out or Legion used MM.

2) Why do you think survivors would complain about being MFD?

Maybe I'm not considering something, but I think they would be much happier with this than having to mend.

As for a slowdown for MFD being base kit, I don't think it would be necessary as Legion would be much more lethal, making his slowdown the ability for him to end chases quickly.

---------

However, as compensation, I think this could work for Nasty Blade & Filthy Blade -- Applies a considerable and tremendous penalty, respectively, to Sabotage, Healing and Repair Action Speeds for 60 seconds after survivors are inflicted with MFD.

That way Legion can use his Mob Mentality power within 60 seconds and survivors will still suffer the NB and FB debuff for 60 seconds.

• UlvenDagoth

Oh no, I meant why would the LEGION want to remove it. I should have been more clear.

I still feel like that might be making those too add-ons a MUST HAVE if you work them like that. After all, most of Legion's add-ons are bad. I get what you are saying though.

You have a point on Survivors, I don't know just something bugged me about it.

Did you see the idea someone had for your power too? That the Legion member would hold the survivor in place instead of hit them? What did you think about that?

• MongByeolBuddies

@UlvenDagoth  -- Thanks for pointing me to this.

I like this idea too!

I'd make it so the person being held is exposed. That way the survivor is downed in one hit regardless if they are injured or not if Legion catches them this way.

• UlvenDagoth

OHHHHH! That's really good! I like that idea cause they would be more focused on "Fighting" the other Legion member that they don't see the stab coming!

• Zol_Grimm
    Zol_Grimm Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2019

You could have 4 separate killers, 3 hiding in the cupboards and 1 you control. Basically you can switch control by entering a closet allowing you to switch to one of the inactive killers (similar in nature to a demigorgon teleport but you have to have positioned the legion), and if a survivor opens a closet with a legion inside it restrains them until you go collect them, they wiggle free or a survivor frees them (similar in essence to trapper's traps).

Largely his/her kit could remain the same, but i think with proper usage this could give legion better map presence and pressure, while making closet use a bit more risky, plus i think it fits the we are legion underlying story.

EDIT

just been informed WickedMilk03 has a more fleshed out version of this.

• MongByeolBuddies

Cool! Well speaking of that, held survivors could also suffer from the Oblivious status effect so they really don't see/hear the stab coming! hehe

• UlvenDagoth

Thank you for moving your idea here! I think it might help for the Devs to have one massive thread about the changes so they can see all the lovely ideas we have!

• UlvenDagoth

Oh sneaky! I like it, and I don't think it would be OP. Gonna have to think about that more though, but it makes sense. You got one guy on you, you aren't looking around for the other.

• UlvenDagoth

Thank you for linking that here too! I think it will really help if the Devs have a one stop shop for Legion ideas!

• UlvenDagoth

Though reading this, i'm not really sure i'd like this. It kinda removes alot of the playstyle I like from Legion, and would be a hassle to keep up with. The Rushdown would be gone, and that would break my heart.

• UlvenDagoth

Ah yes, sorry. Rush Down, as i refer to Legion's play style at least, is that feeling of chasing the survivor down and slashing them, going after them all and ganking them. That speed and the "panic" it makes is one of my favorite things about Legion. The "Oh i'm gonna get you now!" of chasing them down. It's honestly the MAIN reason I love Legion.

Your idea is lovely, don't get me wrong, but I can't support it cause of the FF being 10 seconds and the playstyle that I, and it seems alot of Legion mains, enjoy is absent.

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

I feel like getting an actual hit (no deep wound) would be sexier as a player because you can down them in 2 hits with hardly any time between the hits AND can go for someone else. Maybe adding an extra 2 seconds per down would be good then? just a little more time if the survivors arent careful?

• UlvenDagoth
    edited October 2019

Maybe, but remember the MAIN REASON (not counting Exploits) that people hated Old Legion was they put the chase on a "Timer". Having a lethal power that you can just control and over take Survivors would be kinda broken. We don't want to buff Legion up so much that they are the RULER OVER ALL! MUAHAHAHA.... sorry, got caught up in that. Anyway, we want it balanced on both sides, so that it's not overwhelming, but not so weak that they are underwhelming. So far I enjoy @MongByeolBuddies 's Idea for Mob Mentality, with his changes that we discussed with MFD or the change that @pemberley added to it with the Legion member grabbing the survivor instead.

Oh or @Kabu 's idea for more and more bonus to Legion as they hit people in FF. That really had a good mental image of a blood crazed Killer getting more and more worked up the more they slashed people.

EDIT: Or my own idea to remove TR in FF with a few other things.

Post edited by UlvenDagoth on
  • WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

I realized it was OP so there is a 30 second cooldown for frenzy AND it can only be used once per killer transition.

So if you use it and wait 30 seconds, you still cannot use it until you switch killers and even then you can only use it from a locker. As legion you could jump into a locker to activate it but only once per switch as in you have to switch to use it again so its a huge threat but not used too often. Survivors would be scared of lockers and you could position your killer locations at strategic lockers near gens.

• UlvenDagoth

Yeah, but I wouldn't want to HAVE to go to a locker to use my power. Guess why I don't play Huntress? (Cause My aim is horrible) But also I don't like to have to go "Welp, gotta go find a locker..."

I'm sorry, so far I feel the idea needs some more tweaking. I like the Idea of having other Legion members being involved, but this seems like a really rough way to do it.

• UlvenDagoth

I think honestly a mix of @Kabu 's idea and @MongByeolBuddies 's idea would work the best. Prolly with the grab idea by @pemberley .

The way I see it, you Mark them with FF, getting buffs to help you catch the others while still in FF, with no TR from my idea, and then after you are done you switch back from the frenzy to a more tactical route of laying the other Legion members in wait to Slash/grab the survivors. Adding back in blood in FF and getting rid of the "lose 50% of your power on m1 hit" (seriously why is that a thing?) with those changes and I think Legion would be in a solid place.

What do yall think? Too much? We don't want it to be OP or anything, just challenging and fun to face.

• UlvenDagoth

Oh! And does anyone have some good add-on ideas? The ones we have right now are SO BAD!

• MongByeolBuddies

This sounds good to me. I made some slight changes to my concept so I'll repost it here.

-------------------------------------------

My solution -- Feral Frenzy now applies Marked for Death, instead of Deep Wounds, and Legion now has a secondary power -- Mob Mentality.

-------------------------

Feral Frenzy:

Now injures the survivor and applies Marked for Death, which lasts for 60 seconds.

If Legion hits a survivor who is MFD with his Feral Frenzy attack, Feral Frenzy will end, The Legion will be stunned and the MFD timer of the survivor will be reset to 60 seconds.

Legion cannot use Mob Mentality during Feral Frenzy

------------------------

Mob Mentality:

When a survivor is afflicted with Marked for Death, press the secondary power button to remove the survivor's MFD and summon one of the three other Legion members.

(If multiple survivors are afflicted with MFD, the survivor closest to Legion will be selected when the Legion presses the secondary power button.)

The Legion member will appear 2 seconds later, crouched down in the spot you summoned him or her and wait for any survivor to get within range. When a survivor is within range, the Legion member will lunge at the survivor and attempt to hit them.

If a healthy survivor is hit, he or she will be injured; if an injured survivor is hit, he or she will enter the dying state.

Regardless of whether the hit connects, the Legion member will dissipate in a cloud of smoke.

Legion can summon all three other members this way. If Legion summons a member while all three members are currently on the map, the first member to be summoned will switch to the new location. Legion cannot summon members within 8 meters of another member.

Survivors within 16 meters of Legion members can detect them by looking in their direction for 3 seconds. During detection, survivors will receive an audio cue. Once fully detected, the Legion members will dissipate in a cloud of smoke.

If a survivor sets off a Mob Mentality trap, the Legion receives an audio and visual cue. If survivors fully detect a Legion member, the Legion does not receive an audio and visual cue.

Also, Mob Mentality is a trap so perks, such as Small Game, will work against it.

----------------------------------------------------

Add-on changes to reflect Mob Mentality:

Nasty Blade -- Applies a considerable penalty to Sabotage, Healing and Repair Action Speeds to survivors for 60 seconds after they are inflicted with Marked for Death.

Filthy Blade -- Applies a tremendous penalty to Sabotage, Healing and Repair Action Speeds to survivors for 60 seconds after they are inflicted with Marked for Death.

The Legion Pin -- The auras of survivors who fully detect a Legion member or are hit by him or her are revealed for 4 seconds.

Frank’s Mixed Tape -- Legion members are invisible to survivors outside of 8 meters.

Fuming Mixed Tape -- Legion can use Mob Mentality without requiring survivors to be inflicted with Marked for Death. MM now has a 10-second cooldown. The Legion can no longer use Feral Frenzy.

• UlvenDagoth

Ohh I like the changes you added in to that. Very sneaky and still let's it use the grab mechanic if the Devs liked that better. Want me to update the first post to reflect the changes?

• UlvenDagoth

Edited it for ya buddy! Thank you for all the good ideas!