The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The One Stop Shop for Legion ideas! Come on in and take a look...

UlvenDagoth
UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
edited October 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

So me and @LordGlint were talking about DBD and I told him that I was working on an Idea for Legion. I originally wanted something that hearkened back to there gang. Some kind of locker insanity or something but honestly, none of that would work, or at the very least it would be rather hard to put in game. So we started asking, what is Legion's main issue? Well, his power is kinda useless. By the time you slash one person, the rest have gone OR if they are injured they hear your TR and just book it.

First of all, let's take the removal of the blood trail in FF and the "M1s remove 50% of your power" things away. Those are silly and honestly, neither of us could come up with one good reason the Devs did that.

Secondly, DO NOT WORRY! We are not making his power lethal or put the chase on a "Timer". That is why people hated old Legion. We don't want that again.

So back to the main point. What do you do when you see Legion put deep wounds on someone nearby? You BOOK IT! You can't hide, but you can get away till they get hit with the end of power stun. Survivors know about There presence in advance in the general area... in other words the next victims.

So, you might be asking yourself, what do you do? Well it's simple! You could do one or more of these things!

1. Remove his TR and red stain in FF. Just straight remove it so that he can run up on survivors and get them with FF and surprise them. Make the KI work on a radius. You could say there Frenzy is so great it cuts the ties the Entity have put on them for a limited time.
  2. (Make his base TR 16 and his FF TR 24. Kinda a new approach to the same idea. This way would also open up Legion to be able to sneak up better on the people he has hit with his FF and need to m1 now to down. Legion is already the shortest Killer (yes, shorter than Hag) so they could FINALLY live up to the trailer and be even a LITTLE sneaky.) HI! This has been voted down by the others in the thread but keeping it up for Reference!
  3. After hitting two survivors with Feral Frenzy the Legions red stain is removed for x amount of seconds which would help with downs. Third hit lowers terror radius by 8 meters for x amount of seconds which could help with hitting that last survivor. With monitor and abuse the terror radius will be 16 meters. Addons could influence this.
  4. First two survivors hit with Feral Frenzy grants 2% increased movement speed each while the third grants a 1% increase bringing their movement speed in Feral Frenzy up to 130%. (numbers might be too low?)
  5. At base, being hit with Feral Frenzy causes mangled that persists until fully healed. Can't be stacked with other mangled status effects like sloppy butcher but works with coulraphobia and the like. (After rereading this one, it's kinda Meh, so it wouldn't be good enough on it's own.)
  6. If a survivor stops mending then they are downed. Deep wound timer depletes while doing an action (mending, repairing, sabotaging and so on) even while near the killer. If not doing an action the deep wound timer does not deplete while within 32 meters of the killer.
  7. You hit someone with FF and run off to hit someone else. You hit them and end your frenzy or don't make it ti them and end the power. When out of FF you hear the heartbeat and see the KI mark for a very short amount of time (for balance) every x amount of seconds while that first survivor is mending. (this was more of an Example) After thinking about it, I think @Kabu changed this one to Add-on only. Let me know if i'm wrong Kabu!

Thank you @Kabu For the 3-7 ideas and the next few add-ons till you get to Mob Mentality! I forgot to credit them before! Sorry!

"But what about the stun?" Well, if you think about it, it's similar to Nurse. It's there to make sure that you don't just end it and m1. You MIGHT be able to shorten it, but it's not bad because it serves it's purpose.

Add on suggestions:

1. Survivors are revealed by killer instinct for a very short amount of time every x amount of seconds while mending When out of FF. See previous post for explanation.
  2. Survivors suffering from deep wound make louder injured noises. (This should be base, also make unique pain sounds, IE: more grunts and long, drawn out groans of pain)
  3. Survivors have their aura revealed for x amount of seconds when they stop mending.
  4. Frank's mix tape rework: Hitting a survivor with FF then hitting another one and going back to hit the first survivor depletes the deep wound bar by a large amount. Maybe doesn't fully deplete the Frenzy bar but would still stun Legion. Would still be hard to down with frenzy but it adds pressure. Sorry Kabu, but the more I think about it the more I doubt you'd get in this situation too often.
  5. Increases FF duration tremendously (5 to 8 seconds) but with increased stun duration (.5 seconds to 1 second)
  6. Survivors hit with FF suffer from the hindered status effect for a short time.

Honestly, even with JUST these changes, We think that Legion would be in a better place AND keep the play style that Legion players love. Maybe even add old FF speeds back? Edit: we NEED the old Vaulting speeds back. Being looped while in FF is the SADDEST feeling.

Also shoutout to @Frosty for getting me to think of this in the first place and for wanting me to post it.

This doesn't have many thoughts on Mending and Deep Wounds, cause after BT got it too, it's no longer just a Legion Issue.

AND NOW for a REALLY good idea from @MongByeolBuddies

Here's my idea to help with, imo, Legion's two main problems:

* For killers, that’s getting a second hit and downing the survivor.

* For survivors, it's having to mend, which is boring and makes Legion obnoxious to go against.

My solution -- Change the Deep Wound status effect and give Legion a secondary power -- Mob Mentality.

-------------------------

Feral Frenzy:

Hitting a survivor not affected by the Deep Wound status effect during Feral Frenzy applies DW and gives Legion 1 charge of Mob Mentality.

Deep Wound now applies a 20 percent penalty to repair, healing and sabotage speeds. 

Survivors now remove the DW status effect by healing to full health, not by mending. DW lasts indefinitely.

Hitting a survivor affected by DW during Feral Frenzy applies 1 more DW. Survivors suffering from 4 Deep Wounds will enter the dying state. This will be tracked on the HUD.

Legion cannot use Mob Mentality during Feral Frenzy.

Legion can have up to 3 charges of Mob Mentality at one time.

------------------------

Mob Mentality:

Press the secondary power button to use 1 charge and summon a Legion member.

Any survivor within 16 meters of Legion will hear an audio cue -- a whistle -- when Mob Mentality is used.

The Legion member will appear 2 seconds later, crouched down in the spot you summoned him or her and wait for any survivor to get within range. When a survivor is within range, the Legion member will lunge at the survivor and attempt to hit them.

If a healthy survivor is hit, he or she will be injured; if an injured survivor is hit, he or she will enter the dying state.

Regardless of whether the hit connects, the Legion member will dissipate in a cloud of smoke.

Legion can summon all three other members this way. If Legion summons a member while all three members are currently on the map, the first member to be summoned will switch to the new location. Legion cannot summon members within 8 meters of another member.

Survivors within 16 meters of Legion members can detect them by looking in their direction for 3 seconds. During detection, survivors will receive an audio cue. Once fully detected, the Legion members will dissipate in a cloud of smoke.

If a survivor sets off a Mob Mentality trap, the Legion receives an audio and visual cue. If survivors fully detect a Legion member, the Legion does not receive an audio and visual cue.

Also, Mob Mentality is a trap so perks, such as Small Game, will work against it.

----------------------------------------------------

Add-on changes to reflect the new Deep Wound status effect and Mob Mentality:

Smiley Face Pin -- Start with 1 charge of Mob Mentality.

Defaced Smiley Pin -- Start with 1 charge of Mob Mentality. The auras of survivors who fully detect a Legion member or are hit by him or her are revealed for 3 seconds.

The Legion Pin -- Start with 2 charges of Mob Mentality. The auras of survivors who fully detect a Legion member or are hit by him or her are revealed for 5 seconds.

Nasty Blade -- Slightly increases the penalty to Repair, Healing and Sabotage speeds (5 percent) to survivors suffering from the Deep Wound status effect.

Filthy Blade -- Moderately increases the penalty to the Repair, Healing and Sabotage speeds (10 percent) to survivors suffering from the Deep Wound status effect.

Frank’s Mixed Tape -- Legion members are invisible to survivors outside of 8 meters.

Fuming Mixed Tape -- Legion no longer needs charges to use Mob Mentality. MM now has a 10-second cooldown. The Legion can no longer use Feral Frenzy.

-----------------------------------------------------

This will allow Legion to still be a rush down killer and buffs them by providing them a tool -- Mob Mentality -- to counter looping, as well as set ambushes. 

This new change also allows Legion to use Mob Mentality whenever Legion wants (albeit not in Feral Frenzy), and the survivor will only be aware that Legion has used MM if the survivor is within 16 meters of Legion when MM is used.

The change to the DW status effect also means survivors no longer have to worry about mending. Survivors suffering from DW can heal themselves back to full health slightly slower than normal or the survivor can find a teammate not suffering from DW to heal back to full health without any speed penalty -- making going against Legion more enjoyable for survivors. 

(This also would get rid of a few not strictly Legion problems: Nurse’s Calling not detecting mending and other anti-healing perks not affecting mending, and killers who can drop their terror radiuses like Freddy and The Pig making the DW timer tick down while still chasing a survivor, which feels cheap.) 

(Borrowed Time can be changed to something like: After unhooking a Survivor within the Killer's Terror Radius, for 11/13/15 seconds, any damage taken that would put the unhooked Survivor into the Dying State will instead apply the Deep Wound status effect.)

Plus, I think it would be awesome for Legion to actually play like, you know, a Legion! Lastly, if possible, it would be extremely cool if the teammates you summoned could wear any cosmetics you’ve acquired, making it so you could customize the look of your own Legion.

And now a variation of the above by @pemberley !

I propose that we take the same concept of Mob Mentality but instead the member seizes and holds the survivor in place for the player to stab. Every player in the map gets a scream notification, the killer sees the aura too. The grasp is inescapable except through other flashlight or cracker saves, if the survivor has a cracker themselves, or if the survivor “wiggles” like normal and claws at their hand or elbows them in the face - this would disable the trap, I think this would be more in line with Legion, it’s lore friendly, and probably won’t require as much code spaghetti as making accurate ai.

Which Mong added that the grab could give them either Exposed/Oblivious or both cause they are fighting out of the grab! Even if it didn't there are Add-on ideas that could do it!

Post edited by UlvenDagoth on

Comments

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765

The 1st idea is good, the 2nd would be overpowered. There is a reason that 4.6 m/s killers have a big terror radius.

Legion should be in a frenzy and rushdown a survivor, not sneak up on them. That's what his power was made for. He rushes down one or multiple survivors in quick succession. But, he must have a counterplay to that.

Also, this won't fix him because the main problem isn't that survivors know where he is all the time, but yes the lack of pressure that his power gives. I know that removing his terror radius would put pressure, but the key facts and the fun part remain untouched (and very bad).

More movement speed would be appreciated, no slugged vaults would be appreciated too, not ending the power on a miss would be really cool too.

What you're saying is good for Legion from a competitive perspective, yeah. But it's not enough and imo it brings more problems than it solves because survivors will say that he is unfun to play against.

This is exactly the same as hex:ruin. It just affects the survivors directly, you won't interact with it. That's why it is a very bad perk from a fun perspective and it just ruins the survivor's game and maybe yours because you can't combo it with anything that you can interact with.

Example of an interaction build: Vault speed Legion.

Example of a non-interactive build: Impossible skillchecks legion.

It only affects the survivors directly, Idk if you're understanding my point.

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that it doesn't change anything from Legion's perspective. Because the base stats of the power don't let you go that far on a short time.

• ghostface_tryhard69
    ghostface_tryhard69 Member Posts: 67
    edited October 2019

In my opinion: boost move speed FF, Remove red stain in FF, and double terror radius after a successful FF hit

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Boost base speed in Feral Frenzy and make it so for each Survivor he hits in Frenzy makes him faster in my opinion?

He/She had to have a 32 terror radius cause of the 115% speed, sorry.

If they removed his terror radius, what would happen to killer instinct?

• GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206

That would change legion's playstile but would be cool(and also the trailer would be coherent)

• NullSp3c

I actually really like that, but you need to change deep wounds to not go down within a 24 fixed distance.

Either way, explain better your idea. It is really good imo.

• NullSp3c

I know, I know. That's why I asked for you to explain more the general concept like.

Is Feral Frenzy infinite with the mask on?

Would Mask Off stance have a m/s penalty, making legion a 4.4 m/s?

Things like these, I don't need the numbers.

• NullSp3c

Idk if the infinite feral frenzy should be a thing. Because you won't run away from something that you know you can't run away from.

The 4.4 m/s is fine.

• GodNap

It's a cool idea but it's really difficult to realize tbh

• NullSp3c

I still think that legion needs something to get the second hit. I know he can be sneaky while people are mending, but you can know where he is because you know the terror radius ended.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
  • GodNap

Ghostface is like a pig (with 0 tr) but he changes for the ability, so why not another killer with 0 tr that works differently?

• StarMoral

While I would LOVE for Legion to have 0 TR, (my favorite playstyles are stealth and rushdown) they would have to do it in a way that wasnt a "Switch it on" ability like Ghost's. Maybe Legion could earn his 0 TR through Frenzy? With each survivor woth deep wound, he gets increased TR in Frenzy and decreased TR out of Frenzy?

• GodNap

Yeah there are a lot of possible things, devs take these ideas pls.

• UlvenDagoth

Thank you for the feedback! Honestly, you have good points but remember! People will say Legion isnt fun to play against no matter what. Also, that point about Ruin made no sense to me. Ruin is almost needed at high ranks, but people are saying it's unfun? I don't use it merely cause it always goes down instantly.

• UlvenDagoth

It would be on a set radius. I said that in the post.

Some of these are really good! Just remember that a bigger TR in FF will just show you people you can't get too. Yes, you can use the information but its not too helpful.

• UlvenDagoth

Oh... well wish I could have seen Angry's suggestion before he was banned. Anyone remember it?

This is partly why I was suggesting TR changes.

Oh now that is an interesting idea! Really fun way to look at it. Other than normally the first person you hit will just Mend on the spot, so you likely will NEVER have everyone Deep Wounded at all times.

• UlvenDagoth

Oh shoot, I didn't see the first part! Yes, I think that's a good idea too! Then you can start snowballing speed and loop around. Very interesting!

• UlvenDagoth
    edited October 2019

Can I also point out that Wraith doesn't have TR in his cloak but still moves 115%

Yes I know FF makes you faster but it can not DOWN you. That's the balancing point. The no TR would only be in FF. See what we were thinking?

• UlvenDagoth

EDIT: added "Remove red stain" to the first idea and added a suggestion to make the vault speeds the same as they used to be.

• NullSp3c

My point when i mentioned ruin was that it wasnt interactive for the killer. I know it is needed, but not fun to use. The only difference is that games last longer because gen times are short.

I dont like to use ruin because it doesnt contribute for my fun, just contributes if you consider increasing the game by a little a fun thing. Which i partially agree.

Either way people will complain about legion. They have the fame, no getting rid of it now :/

• UlvenDagoth

It does make me sad that Legion hate has just become a meme. I gettold alot of terrible things just cause I play Legion. I am hoping with some changes they can be more fun for both sides, even if i love the rushdown play style I was trying to keep with my changes.

I hate Ruin personally cause it never feels like it does anything. I get more outta TT or Surge, I feel. At least those perks can't be removed.

• UlvenDagoth

Just to explain after bouncing this off a few survivor friends now. This idea is to make Legion's power more Dynamic and interesting on both sides and more useful to Legion as a whole.

No longer would it be "Oh he hit someone I need to listen for TR and run as soon as I hear it." it would be "Oh he hit someone, he could be coming for me, I need to hide or be on the lookout."

It would increase tension and make the game much more fun.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,954

Revert vault speed changes and make base cooldown 3

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,954

M bad fam didn't read the post just giving my suggestions of a good buff for now

• UlvenDagoth

Oh that's fine! Take time to read it when you get a chance and tell me what you think.

• StarMoral

This is the least toxic thread I've seen in months, and it's about ######### Legion lol

• UlvenDagoth

I try to be understanding and not toxic in anything I do honestly. I rarely even slug on my games as Legion! Can you imagine that? But yes! I'm so happy everyone is being Civil.

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670

I think the no TR could work, making him more of a stealth, first-hit killer like Spirit or Wraith. If they do go with that, they should reduce the sound of Legion gasping while running. I like it tbh

• StarMoral

Lol that's the best we can ask for.

And about slugging, I personally use it as a tactical thing. Slow down the gane to my favor by getting people off gens haha

• UlvenDagoth

I only use it when I think DS is around. My Perks reward fast pick ups!

OH! That is a good point! Thank you so much for that. I just also love the image of A survivor on a gen and SUDDENLY STAB!

• UlvenDagoth

I feel like this thread is a nice break from all the Nurse people crying without testing first! Anyone else excited for more Lore?!

• NullSp3c

Yeah, im sad because of that too. But now the hate is being pushed to spiri( my 2nd main) because i just dont play legion that much now, im tired of how his power is lackluster and no fun to use.

An example of an interactive perk with similar power to ruin is pop goes the weasel. You need to down the survivor, go and hook him and then you can choose the generator to break. This perks is also more consistent than ruin.

• UlvenDagoth

I got a ton of use outta Surge and Trilling Tremors myself!

Anyway, I have alot of fun with Legion's power. The running survivors down and slashing them, taking off after another after that... That's what I am trying to keep alive in any "Rework" that happens!

Other than the numbers shifting like you said earlier, what would you suggest that would keep that feeling?

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited October 2019

So your Idea is to remake the entire idea of Legion, I honestly dont like that because I LOVED the fast multi stabbing Legion from back in the days before the nerf. It was fun, something different and intense, I am not talking that the old Legion was fine, but the base idea of Legion was really nice and could work really well with abit more quality of life changes.

Idk if you dont play the new Legion or dont play often against decent or good survivors but the Main problem of the new Legion is atm that you have NO power to kill survivors, you just injure them and then have to chase the survivors down without any help, just with some perks. And that is really bad, boring and not good at all.

Your ideas are cool but it would not fix the problem with the new Legion atm.

• UlvenDagoth

.... Um.... I'm not sure exactly how you think i'm getting rid of the playstyle when i'm literally trying my hardest to KEEP the running around and stabbing. I play new Legion almost EVERY GAME. You don't need a power to kill the survivors. You can use information and perks. My Friend, try Legion with some practice with Surge+ Thrilling+ STBFL+ Corrupt.

I am a proud Legion main, and in fact I am trying to become one of the best Legion players.

Can you explain how my changes change the rush down playstyle?

• BenZ0

@UlvenDagoth

I had over 600 hours in old Legion and kind of 100 hours in the new, I know what I am talking about and you are true that you dont need necessary a power to kill survivors, but it is not fun at all and against good survivors you have no chances, especially in a swf.

Your idea doesnt took the running stabbing idea away thats true, but it is not a solve or fix or buff in any way, look at ghostface for an example. He is not bad but not that good at all aswell and he is probably the best stealthiest killer ever. Stealth is not a good fit for Legion, and the current FF is not fine at all, the running speed is a joke, the vault speed is slow and sluggish as #########, The cooldown is waaaaay to long with the "missing hit deplete power gauge" and the fatigue stun is more of a punishment then a power.

But even if all these FF aspects are gonna get buffed, Legion would still stay in a really bad spot because even wraith has a chase ability, he can atleast cloak to gain extra speed and run pass a survivor in chase to block a window or pallet of and then unclock. You cant do anything as a Legion and cry while you are getting looped.

• UlvenDagoth
    edited October 2019

Now I can tell you didn't read all of it! I mentioned all that in the first post! Please go look.

Also, go tell the people that I killed on my stream tonight as Legion in Purple ranks that Legion isn't lethal.

• BenZ0

@UlvenDagoth

I respect that you are a current Legion main and I dont want to insult you in any way, but if you are a true Killer main you KNOW that Legion is not fine with the current FF and a killer without a chase power is like a Alex toolbox on genrepair.

• UlvenDagoth

As I said, I know that you arn't trying to be insulting! But please go read all of the first post.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

Ghostface is incredibly powerful and I do very well with him in red ranks. I'm consistently rank 1 playing almost exclusively him.

• BenZ0

@Kabu

I play every day swf 2-4 man, depends on who is online, I didnt saw any ghostface since over 3 weeks and IF we find finally one, he never gets more then 1 kill and that mostly because of noed. Just how I said, he is not BAD but he is not GREAT as well, I mean Nurse, Billy, Spirit, Huntress and even Freddy have all better map pressure, chase abilitys or mobilitys.

I personally love ghostface and he is one of my most favorite Killers but in fact, he is still not a great killer compared to the meta killers, and I do get alot of 4ks aswell with him, but this is always because the survivors ######### up.

• BenZ0

@UlvenDagoth

umm what did i wrote wrong?

• Kabu

Your first idea of removing his terror radius and red stain during FF is interesting though it still won't help with getting a down. Downing has always been his issue even before the mega nerf (it being on a timer).

While, your second idea is also interesting but maybe the decreased terror radius should be linked to their power. Something like hitting a survivor in FF will lower the terror radius and remove the red stain for x amount of seconds after ending FF. Monitor would lower the radius to 8 which would be pretty strong. A shorter, faster tier 1 Myers.

I feel that borrowed time and Legion's power need to be separated.

• UlvenDagoth

Nothing! Did you go read the first post again? I was just saying in general. This is one of the nicest threads i've seen in a while and i'd like to keep it that way!

Also! None of the Killers are as good as the meta ones. BUT, They CAN be really strong. Try fighting Ghost Face on The Game map! It's a pain!

• UlvenDagoth

Thank you for your feedback! You have very good points and I'll think about it and might add a 3rd idea using them!

• Kabu

I'm gonna start thinking of changes for Legion too. I'll post them here as they come to me.