Are we banning for gen control doc builds now?

Paladin_Goo
Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

Just a question. Was watching a streamer. I won't mention their name but they are in the top 5 of DBD content creators on Twitch and they are a fog whisperer. They were on "the game" map, which the killer put an offering for. It was your classic d-bag Doc build, overcharge, unnerving, all of it. He 3-gen'd them and wouldn't let them repair gens. Now here's the kicker - he also wouldn't chase or down anyone. He just kept walking around in treatment mode and kicking gens. It went on for over 30 minutes.

I suppose this is considered taking the game hostage, yeah?

Anyway, they apparently got in contact with someone from BHVR who told her she could disconnect and to submit an in game report and he'd be dealt with. They did this live.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited June 2019

That guy can get ban for taking the game hostage and not doing hes objective and that its to kill all survivor putting the map game and not killing the survivor its just cancer and you said hes a streamer also a fog whisperer i dont really get why devs give that guy to be a fog whisperer hes toxic this needs to be done you should talk with not queen or other mods so that can look this issue

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

Cleaver use of game mechanic...

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited June 2019

I had this happen a while ago, but it was 2 hours instead of 30 minutes and the killer wouldn't sacrifice us. If you got us locked down in a 3-gen strategy, that's good, but if the game is lasting forever, then at least sacrifice us so we don't have to waste so much of our time trying to do the impossible.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I know you don't want to give out their name but I really want to see this.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I think it's an unfortunate situation... but if you play it right, you could flip it around and gen bait him. It sounds crazy I know, but you can pull it off with the right teammates.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

@DudeDelicious

I use similar strategies with Freddy, relentlessly patrolling the last gens and biding my time for when the remaining survivors get desperate and much more reckless in their attempts, and profit accordingly.

this is not what OP is talking about, this post was about a doctor who's intention from before game start was to pick 3 gens that were very close together never chase anyone and just shock people until they disconnect since they cant work gens in tier 3 madness

only even leaving treatment mode if he walked up on a survivor currently on a gen and then not chasing them after the hit and no intention of sacrificing them, i imagine they were running overcharge, distressing, surveillance, and brutal strength

what you were doing i assume had the intention to actually kill the survivors

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Swf, at best. And if the doc sticks to his strategy even swf won't do #########

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Devs: Makes 3 gen strat possible

Also devs: Bans people for doing 3 gen strat

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

If someone is exclusively preventing the gens being completed while making no attempt to end the game, then yeah I think that could be considered holding the game hostage. There's situations where it's difficult and there's situations where it's legitimately impossible.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

The doctor cannot force you to remain alive and off of gens. Have everyone get on one gen. THe doctor has to start bleeding people or watch you pop it.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

The doctoR cannot stop all 3 gens simultaneously this way. Worst case wax has survivor gets on a different gen.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

I wouldn't ban for this. I don't mind being slugged for 4k either for an hour. If killer wants 4k that hard sometimes I give my all with the last survivor also. It can be a waste of time but unusually challenging and even fun experience. True horror.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited June 2019

I like how people are so firm in their... NOT and IS arguments.. which is funny.

The Devs stated long ago, eventually the killer has to commit to a chase, and if they don't and stick on the gens... well... A line has to be drawn. Is it fair or not?... If the survivors are giving the Killer a chance to commit and the killer won't take it?

I don't know about everyone else, but that seems like a complete waste of time. Why was the EGC put in place?... Ahhh yes.. to prevent players from stealthing all over the map for 20 plus minutes... However that survivor could be legitimately trying to escape....

A line has to be drawn... Blame the Devs for allow the situation.. sure.. but they too can also draw the line.

Fog Whispers should not be above the rules. They shouldn't be allowed to cross the lines that get drawn by the Developers on everyone else. They want to entertain but they shouldn't really be doing it at the expense of the other players in the match.

• xywwak
    xywwak Member Posts: 16

I had similar situation yesterday.

We were SWF 3 + 1 random vs Billy on old swamp. This Billy checked his gens on start and from begining of game he was holding 3 gens near each other - one on small boat, one just next to it near killer shack and last one on second side of shack.

As you can see all 3 gens was very near, let say just 50 meters way from last to first.

Hilly´s playstyle was 3 gens strat and he showed that obliviously. Of course he should play it little diferent around it for more kills, as we were downed many times.

But we powered thought this playstyle and due to 1 party member mistake (he jumped not much safe window) Billy won 3 kills and 1 escape.

Anyway this game took 18:05 (mm:ss) as I know from my personal video recording.

I don´t count this as game hostaging, as this was very good strat due to gens spawn.

• Milordo
    Milordo Member Posts: 93

Not to mention, can we remember the """"exploit"""" of 2 killers in public match? I laugh everytime at this because for developers, it was intentional, meanwhile it's not. It's a bug, that could be replicate by players, but can happen by random events (yes it's still on in this patch , they never fixed it but atleast it's fun as hell).

• TheBean

@weirdkid5

Not everyone is high skill level... not everyone understands what to do there.

If you have a killer who is normally playing at high ranks who gets a bunch of low ranked survivors cause of match making, that killer can keep them there forever. Why cause they can.

Sure... blame the survivor for not understanding how to deal with it.

You could also blame the killer for not seeing the difference in skill levels, and just deciding to commit to the chase and take some risk. If you can't see or determine skill levels on survivors as killer, then... they too are a low skilled player.

--

But of course... gotta protect the killers right to kill everyone in the match.. even if they decide to take 30 minutes in doing it. /s

--

It is easy to point the finger at one side or the other.. but really like what is mentioned above it is the Developers that allow it to happen. So should they not drawn the line?... I think they should.

The killer shouldn't be allowed to sit there and keep the survivors off the gens just cause they can.

Just like a sole survivor wasn't allowed to stay in the end of a match and play stealth against a killer for 20 plus minutes... cause they can. The exits were open.. the killer could still find and kill the survivor... but... now we have the EGC... a line was drawn.

--

Just cause people can do it... doesn't mean it should be allowed to continue forever.

The killer also has some responsibility to think and not be a mindless robot in the pursuit of their 4K.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited June 2019

Killer mains defending 30+ minute hostage doc matches while crying that survivors are sitting in exit gates too long to tbag, what an absolute joke.

As for the people saying it's "the survivors faults". Load up a hostage doc match, pick three gens and refuse to check any of the gens except for the three that you're protecting.

See how the survivors have no choice in this? They constantly get hit/shocked on these three gens so they do the others, even if they WANTED to do one of the other three gens he could just do the same as what he was now, the survivors progressed the match as much as they possibly could.

I swear half of you don't even play this game.

• Yoonz
    Yoonz Member Posts: 66

Deja Vu is a perk that deals with this.

There's also the fact that there's 4 survivors and 1 killer. So unless the Survivor team is incredibly badly coordinated, even a 3gen shouldn't stop them forever.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

That is not comparable at all. Hiding when you can escape is holding the game hostage. Patroling gens to prevent escapes is doing objective.

• Seanzu
    edited June 2019

Patrolling gens and hitting survivors once, putting them into tier 3 and then running back to 1/2/3% gens to put overcharge on the gens with unnerving presence, yea, sure buddy.

hiding in the exit gate btw, totally stopping a killer from walking in there and forcing the survivor out.

• Seanzu

lmao.

You're seriously telling people to "just do the three gens that he wont leave".

If the doctor chooses three gens to protect and ignores the rest, how could they possibly have prevented 3-gen?

he chose to ignore every other gen except the three closest to each other.

"just do the gens" shake my head.

• TheBean

@Judith

i have a bit of an issue with what you say cause...

In the olden days before EGC... 4 gens done... hatch is open.. one survivor who is very good... and newish killer player... So the argument of that good survivor hiding around the map for 20+ minutes.... That survivor could use the argument that...

"Hey I was lookin for the hatch that whole time.. the killer kept patrolling near it... and the remaining gens.. it was bad RNG.. so it took me over 20 minutes to get out..."

But that killer player would be upset feeling they were being held hostage. How do you know that survivor is lying or not?

Thus EGC is born.

--

Now you have another situation where a triangle of gens is formed at the end on a the Doc who can stand in the middle of the triangle and prevent survivors from working on any gen for any considerable length of time... Doesn't bother to chase... No commitment to killing the remaining survivors... Maybe there is only 2 survivors left...

Doc keeps that up for 20 + minutes...

But yes.. that is ALL the survivors fault for maneuvering the match into that direction.

Just like how the previous example of the killer maneuvering the end of the match to one skilled survivor who slinks around the map for 20+ minutes. The killer was supposed to let them go right?.. to prevent the "holding hostage" of the end game.

-

They do it sometimes... Cause they can.

So at what point do you draw the line on that #########?

--

We call all tout the "use this strategy against this situation"... and cause you didn't, you failed.. and it is your fault.

They are comparable... because it is a situation of taking things too far. That is the issue at hand.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

I have also seen this from the survivors side that they will tend to play hide-and-seek once they realize they have lost to a 3-gen. At this point I do believe in many cases you are wrong. Why chase someone across the map away from what as killer you are suppose to protect? It is illogical yes I am gonna chase you all the way across azarovs and leave the gens unprotected to try and get your kill. However, I have beaten and have been beaten over how a 3-gen was played or positioned as both survivor and killer. This is a design flaw and a survivor flaw. If a killer is protecting three specific gens and your team is alive even if you lose a few hooks to get one of those gens done you save yourself late game. That or rush the other gens into a corner and blame the killer for not leaving. Remember the killer doesn't place nor work on gens they protect them from being done. Which in no way should be bannable. If the survivors wanted the match to end and know they have lost suicide on a hook give an attempt at hatch and end the game.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Peanits

Like I said previously, if you're going to win, win already so we can move on the next game. Not everyone can spend 2 hours on a 3-gen show down contest because at that point... I just want to be sacrificed.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

And what do you do in that scenario to show the killer you want to be sacrificed? Do you run away when the killer comes, or do you stand still?

This discussion has been closed.