Why you give more bloodpoints to the survivors?

Comments

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

in order to use as killer BBQ you hast to buy it with real money

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

Oh heck no. We haven't even gotten Iron will nerfed to not affect spirit during phasewalk yet.

• citron
    citron Member Posts: 78

Wait time as a killer was not an issue until the GF+Event came out, and its been going back to normal every day since.

With survivors getting equal BP there is going to be a lot less diversity of killers, why have a stressful game as a non chosen killer (Nurse/Billy/Spirit) when you sit back and have a easy relaxing game as a survivor for the same reward.... even more so if you SWF

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Reading this title of OP I can only picture like this fat Docter stuffing his face full of BP lol

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Yeah, the primary reason I play killer more is because of the bloodpoints. If I can earn the same amount of bloodpoints with survivor, I'll likely switch over.

We might end up with the reverse situation though. As of right now, bloodpoints are the only reason I'm playing killer more than survivor. Survivor is more forgiving and allows you to play with friends. If it also rewards the same amount of bloodpoints, we might have to do something to give people an incentive to play killer.

• DarkGGhost

BBQ cost you 5 $ and you have to lvl the killer that you may never play. WGLF is free and you may have it as the main skin as survivor

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

I don't care in the slightest. I do more than enough research for the Wiki already, I'm not going to dig up stats for you that you can google yourself.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited July 2019
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@DarkGGhost

Here's why survivors need more Bloodpoints: Quote from a thread.

I don't use BPS as a survivor because you hardly get anything from it, especially when you have to fight for generator points and safe unhook points amongst your team. Furthermore, sometimes you can't go for unhooks or generators because of your team's decisions, which means you other BP categories are going to be really underwhelming.

Honestly, you're just better off playing killer during the double bloodpoint event in my opinion. Not only do they gain more BP consistently, but BBQ stacks is more consistent than WGLF stacks because you're almost always guaranteed to hook a few survivors. On the other hand, WGLF is only for altruistic survivors, and if you're forced to do generators because your team is always going for hook saves, it's a dead perk (not like it does anything anyways). Even if you can get a safe unhook, it's unlikely you'll get 4 safe unhooks and/or 4 protection hits within a single game.

I know this sounds like a rant in a way, but survivors really do get the short end of the stick when it comes to earning BP. I'd like to see all categories get BP buffs in my opinion, but hey, that's just me. 🤷‍♂️

• DarkGGhost

Fun you chose this photo because what i see is 3 perks that killer don't have to buy and lvl the killer and zero buy perk for survivors

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

In an ideal world, both sides would get so much BP (compared to the amount needed for the grind) that you wouldn't have to care which one got more.

• DarkGGhost

The reason is killer doesn't have a good perk that works for everyone and you need to choose the more optimal.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Better question why not

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Are we talking about a different BBQ than the one I'm thinking of. Not to mention Ruin.

• Vampy
    Vampy Member Posts: 67

this is great and all... I'm glad more people get BPs... but the majority of killers are super weak compared to the average survivor main.

Games should have a time limit on them, and if survivors don't get the gens all done in lets say 15 minutes... they get auto sacrificed...

Or liven skill checks up with a captcha instead of just hitting a space bar.. lots of games do this vs the current space bar system.

Survivors have everything basically handed to them, and killers only have a few options.. and some of the outlier options require uncommon to rare add-ons to remain viable... hell Tru3 ended up spending nearly 500k BPs today trying to get ONE green add-on in the bloodweb for a viewer build... where as survivors don't even need add-ons to all be viable.

BHVR def has a hard bias for the survivor players and from what it seems like to me don't care about their killer players. (gutting Legion... a C tier killer for no reason, Freddy rework will have to be played and tested to be judged)

I know you guys at BHVR are trying and doing the best you can, but killer with perks should have tools to do their job and everyone can have fun. Borrow some ideas from the other horror genre games.. Stall builds and gen control should reward something as an alternate win condition or something

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

So 3 gen doctor should be the optimal strategy huh? That sounds like a delightful meta for everyone. /sarcasm

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Survs be earning more then doctor soon

• Lonefox64
    Lonefox64 Member Posts: 132

Thats fine you dont matter and neither does your belief, im more concerned that you cant google and im wondering how you got to this page, did a dev link it to you when you refused to google it and were behaveing incredulous as to its existance?

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

If bloodpoints are more evenly distributed, where is the motivation for playing the more difficult, more stressful role of killer?

Without killers the game is dead.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Because Killer is more fun, duh.

We have more than enough killers, myself included. When we don't, then you can talk.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

I mean, thats an opinion. I'll still be playing killer for my bp because I get points for every category naturally. I won't have to go out of my way to focus on unhooks or getting chased because I capped objective

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

No, the reason it doesn't appear is because WGLF does nothing to help you and you can't reliably get your stacks up without possibly killing your team. In a normal game, you'll get about 2 or even 1 and that's if the killer isn't camping. If they decide to camp, you don't get stacks unless you have BT or can manage a hit. If they're camping, they'll only likely hook 1~2 people, too. As killer, you can reliably get around 3~4 and it's actually useful outside of BP bonus.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Again, I don't care.

The devs made the stats, they know about them. That's ultimately what's important.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

RIP survivors on PS4. With ~20K killers online, and > 100k survivors, this is only going to get worse

• JawsIsTheNextKiller

The start of the event coincided with killers having to wait for their lobby to be formed. We are back to the new "improved matchmaking".

The event has ended now and the killer lobbys haven't improved.

Survivor lobbies have not shown improvement in getting games.

So the event may not be the reasons killers have suddenly had longer wait times.

• DarkGGhost

Well if you want to say game will be dead with out survivors i will like you to think that if the game lost 400 survivors 100 killers will wait more but if 400 killers stop playing then 1600 survivors have to wait more.

• DarkGGhost

Can you tell me why something is free must be equal to something that needs money?

• JawsIsTheNextKiller

Giving almost no grusome gateaus to survivors swung the player base to playing killer.

Was this a deliberate choice to give an excuse to buff survivors I wonder?

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Queue times are weird.

Sometimes I get lobbies instantly,other times I have to wait like 900 years.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller

@miaasma - In theory, keeping it balanced WOULD be good for everyone. But if the balance is wrong and we have a shortage of killers, how long would it take BHVR to fix it?

Also remember it will take a long time for all these Ghostfaces to run out of their 100+ Gateaux compared to your survivor's 5+ gateaux.