Why you give more bloodpoints to the survivors?

Comments

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Which is why I suggested pips could be used instead. It would need testing. You could be correct and it would prove to be a bad thing.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

At this point in time, whether or not survivors get less BP is irrelevant. The perception that they do is starting to cause major problems for the game, so I support buffs to survivor point gain.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I honestly don't care if they decide to give more BP (as it will help the grind for everyone all around) but considering the original intent behind the BP increase for killers was due to item/add-on economy (killers only have the bloodweb to replenish supply) I'm wondering what they are going to do to address this problem.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@MegaWaffle probably nothing. Since an increase in killer points would call for a shitstorm from survivors.

They percive that they get less. Even if it´s not, but there is no way to convince them.

So survivors will get more points + get items during the match. While killers get... a git gud comment.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Unfortunately, for many people, their perception of reality is more important than reality.

• Tsulan

@Orion just found a thread, where someone had long queues as killer AND as survivor.

Yep, it´s clearly a "survivor not appealing enough" issue. That will be "solved" (or not) by increasing the blood points for survivors.

Can´t wait for the "told ya" comments.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

Yes, however, if you are totally destroyed ofc you will not have max blood points. On an average game that I have the survivors have around 15-20k a piece. Although, with wraith recently I have been getting closer to the 30k mark you have to take into consideration of the grind between survivors and killers. Survivors keep their stuff upon exit addons are 'recharged' every trial. They have the ability to search chests with perks to get more and more of these (FOR FREE.) Killer you have to do bloodwebs over and over to restock addons. Killers either need to get more blood points than survivors or another mechanic similar to the survivors needs to be implemented. @brokedownpalace

Mechanic like this: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/73591/black-chest-or-black-alter-killer-addons#latest

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

How has this thread been hiding from me? It reeks of survivor-entitlement and double-standards.

It's more expensive to be a killer: we lose everything we bring to a match no matter if we do our objectives or not.

That is without even addressing the survivor-meme that 'killers get more bloodpoints', a craven lie that ignores killers having to do more in a match and having to remain in all cases until the end of the match before they can go find another. Only BBQ changes this, but survivors have their equivalent perk that goes in hand with how BBQ works; survivors just refuse to use it.

The devs have made it 'more equal' before, when they gave survivors compensation points for when the killer leaves mid-match because killers got them. That was equal though: killers were being compensated because we always lose our addons and don't have the means to preserve them between matches as survivors do. When the devs changed this and gave survivors those unearned compensation points, it should have been alongside giving killers a way to earn our addons back during the match.

It didn't happen though and they still wonder why a lot of the OG killer-mains are always angry. It's because we don't forget stuff that happened more than a few months ago.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

I'm a switch and if i can reduce the time i need to grind out the bloodweb as a survivor i'm happy. If the devs said that my survivor items no longer recharge between games i'd still be happy.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

I geuss it makes sense if survs earn more then killer matchmaking may be balanced

• ArecBalrin

Survivors literally just want something for free, with no fuss or argument. It was already unfair before they got their first freebie in terms of bloodpoints and every request since has been for the gap to widen under the pretense of a killer-lead in points that doesn't exist.

If they cared one tiny bit for truth, they'd be talking about points-per-time-played, accounting for the post-match adjustments. They have to talk instead about points-per-match because on a level playing-field, the double-standards are nakedly obvious.

• Tsulan

There are exactly 2 killers that don't require addons. Guess where they are in the food chain.

You know, I would love to have a killer perk that gives me free addons. Just like plunderers and ace in the hole.

But such things only exist for survivors.

When I equip my farm build on my survivors I get items worth of 10-12k points.

Survivors have the tools. But complain when they don't use them.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373
    edited July 2019

-Spirit

-Nurse

-Hillbilly

-Hag

-Shape

Each one of these killers can be played effectively using only perks and without add-ons, however only one can be used effectively without perks. The only one I believe is still somewhat weak is shape seeing as he has very little map pressure but despite this, can still be used effectively due to his stealthy nature and one shot ability.

• ArecBalrin

If I thought survivors getting more points means I get less, I'd say so. You have to give me an opinion I don't have because you have nothing else to reply with. Your entire post is based on giving me this opinion and ignoring the view that I actually expressed.

Survivors do not care one bit about what is and isn't true. Change my mind.

'Killers get more bloodpoints than survivors' is an ancient survivor-meme which they have never been able to support with evidence. If we ever see a proper set of data showing points-per-time-played, there would be grounds to make specific claims as long as a time-series was available showing if and how it changed over time.

What we do know for certain is how what points each role has been awarded has changed and in which patches. We know what survivors lobbied for then recieved and we know what killers lobbied for in response but were ignored.

• ArecBalrin

When survivors stop posting them, I'll stop talking about them.

• ArecBalrin

I won't dispute this, just your framing of it: killer-mains do not need to say that they are killer-mains. Some have and I'd ask them: 'what was the point of that?', because they don't need to.

Survivors-mains need to because they're obsessed with status and they assume people who are very different in terms of personality are actually like them. They want others to believe what they say 'as a killer-main' or 'I play both sides' because they want to avoid discussing details; they want others to just take them at their word.

Killers do not need to do this because when you play as a killer you're managing your stress whilst making fact-based decisions which create that stress. Killers are resilliant, ponderous and detail-driven; spinning several plates mentally whilst not losing focus on priorities. If you're able to follow an argument, what someone has actually said and cross-reference it, you don't need to tell anyone you can be trusted because you are are whatever label. No one can direct a doubt that is legitimate at a killer which the killer hasn't already themselves considered.

• ArecBalrin

I'll believe it when I see it; but whenever I do see 'I play both sides', I wouldn't lose any money betting on what follows being a predictably survivor-focused perspective. Put it in the same box as 'killers just want 4k'.

Most people play both sides. Killers do not need to announce it and understand it's meaningless, except for identifying the obvious survivor-mains who have no idea how they look to others yet obsess over it.

• Orion

Because the killer also did a lot. More so, in fact, than any individual survivor. Killers also have single-use add-ons, as opposed to survivors who just need to escape with their items to keep their add-ons.

• ArecBalrin

If survivors wanted fairness, they never would have asked for the same compensation that a killer gets when a survivor leaves a match, but for a killer leaving.

You got to keep your item+addons, the killer got the missing Sacrifice points plus the tiny Quitter Bonus per survivor, which is still less than what most addons cost. At least that was how it was on-paper; killers mostly just received the Quitter Bonus but not the Sacrifice because survivors were disconnecting in a way that denied it(so they could preserve their own items no less). Survivors complained about that exploit and it got fixed, only after they got the unjustified point-boost; it was left as-is for months when only killers suffered it. The devs fixed it in weeks when it applied to survivors.

It was never enough though; even as killers continued losing addons in every match with no opportunity to earn them back, survivors demanded more unearned points on top of their existing advantage. I've even seen them demand points for when other survivors leave or disconnect, a recipe for premades to grief other survivors.

Do not claim survivors are concerned with fairness.

• Orion

The majority of players do actually play both sides.

• ArecBalrin

I have never accused anyone of bias: that's also a survivor-meme.

You also didn't bother reading the post you're responding to. Most people play both roles, but only survivor-mains have a need to let everyone know they do, for the reasons I've outlined.

• ArecBalrin

I missed the point because the point is absurd and no reasonable person can be expected to get it. This is the first time I have ever heard of anyone believing that 'playing both sides' means there is no preference for either role. The reality is that killer-preferring players still play survivor and survivor-preferring players sometimes go killer; is there an alternative way of describing these people without confusing them with your unique definition of 'plays both sides'?

• ArecBalrin

It needs to be explained because you invented it and super-imposed it over the explanation given by every single person ever who has said 'I play both sides'.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

To be fair, a lot of survivors struggled through killer games to get those vials as well at first. I know I did thise first to be done with them when it was X per side and not farm whichever you want.

• ArecBalrin

Anybody saying 'I play both sides' and also 'killers just want to 4k' and other survivor-meme nonsense like it, is a survivor-main. The point is that their declaration is meaningless and the fact they think it matters is what outs them as a survivor-main.

Many people, practically everyone, plays both sides: only survivor-mains needs to assert it though.