to all people saying "nurse basekit is fine"

Options

Comments

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Okay I think we're on to something here... she may be actually balanced after these changes... though the roar should start right as the player hits the ambush button that way the survivor gets just enough notification that Amanda's going dashing...

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

I don't think base Nurse is OP. It's the add-ons that get her too strong (such as Omega Blink and multiple blinks). The game featured a lot of misplays, like the Meg throwing down the pallet so that she was on the side with the killer or people running in straight lines, rather than circling around objects the Nurse could get stuck on. The map may be good for Nurse, but there is still objects they could run around that would cut off the Nurse's sight of them.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

The problem with any argument like this is taking the exceptions (Zubat, or god Nurse players in general) and using them as your argument that Nurse is OP. Nurse is a high reward for high skill, but she has a lower floor than just about every other killer outside of Spirit. Base Nurse takes a long time to catch up to survivors that maintain distance.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

1/10 bad bait.

These nurse nerf threads are getting hilarious

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

No, they don't. Mid-rankers in Asia are potatoes too. I play in that region. If I don't play for a while after rank reset, going against green rank and purple rank survivors is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Back to the topic, though... It's a bit infuriating that so many people comment on these threads about Nurse when they have no idea what they are talking about. Like, sorry, but this conversation about Nurse balance is only for players of high rank who actually know what a nurse who has learned the character can do. Not for console players. Not for people in green ranks, not for people who have never gone past purple ranks. Yes, that probably leaves out a lot of the player population, but it is what it is.

A nurse at a certain skill level can not lose if the nurse plays optimally, even against survivors of equal skill or better skill. I've seen many people say "killer is the power role, of course a good killer should win!" When one side (nurse) and dominates to the point that the other side (survivors) are afforded no chance to survive, that is a balance problem.

While I do tend to agree that good survivors have the ability to end games too quickly at high ranks, and that something should be done about that, this is about Nurse. She needs to be tuned down. If you disagree, I seriously question if you have ever played a game against a high rank nurse.

If nurse is eventually (and deservedly) tuned down, I do hope the play style stays as similar to possible to how she plays now. Some of the most fun games I've played have been against Nurses who aren't good enough to be completely dominant with her, but still pose a huge threat.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

You cannot master a straight line. It is muscle memory. The perdictions come from your ability to play as a killer. Ie How a survivor will react to you playing nurse. However, in many cases you can take the cheated route and instead of blinking through the wall you blink to a side that gives you LOS. Use the second blink to catch up or down the survivor. This is not skillful play.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Bla bla bla... Running in circles again.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • Purr
    Purr Member Posts: 83
    Options

lets not forget the YT video where monto got a 4k with no blink nurse she clearly OP cuz of her ability to remove loop... of wait no blink nurse.. how exactly is that OP? that seems like it would be more skilled based than anything.. or 1 blink nurse... hmmm something fishy about the claims of nurse OP could it be that she isnt unless u put in the time to learn her blink range, survivor movement predictions, blink knowledge of when to 1 blink and eat fatigue or 2 blink and eat fatigue or if u should or shouldnt swing due to how it increases fatigue further and where on maps u cant and can blink due to "dead zones"? that would just be crazy to think a god nurse would have the skill to know all this and profit it clearly becuz nurse is OP and besides.. survivors would NEVER bully a new nurse not ever that cant be true considering when that new nurse learns and understands nurse with enough practice.. karma is a evil bish and revenge will be had

(plz note alot of sarcasm was used as i know some forum trolls cant tell when sarcasm was used and when it wasnt so stating ahead of time)

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

I am one of those 'God huntresses.' I don't win every game. There are lots of things that contribute to that. Getting a bad map (why is haddonfield a map..?). Having a bad first chase, getting tunnel vision on a Survivor who is good at chasing. Having a bad game. Not playing mean, etc.

I don't know who this "God nurse" is who lost to the de-pip squad, but I'm sure if you asked that killer why he lost, the answer would be 'I played awful'. If the nurse plays optimally, the nurse wins. And that's putting aside the fact that the survivors in that 'experiment' are SWF. I don't play SWF and and I'm not talking about SWF. This game is not balanced around SWF. For all I care the effectiveness of playing in a SWF can be hard-nerfed.

And sorry, no offense, but imagine thinking "the only thing as over powered as nurse beat nurse! That means nurse is okay!" and thinking that's not a useless comment. Sorry solo players! You all lose every game against good Nurses no matter your skill level because nurse is needed to be broken in order to deal with top-level SWF groups. Too bad!

This thread is about Nurse, though. What are the numbers? She is played in a quarter of red rank games? If that's wrong, my bad, but in my experience that's a fair assessment. It's not fun having a 1/4 chance to play against a killer that all but nullifies all the skill I have built up in this game as survivor. Assymetrical game or no, that is bad balance.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    Options

I love Zubat, Him, Calha, and Jen. Are my favorite DbD streamers. <3

• xXNurseXx
    xXNurseXx Member Posts: 261
    Options

the problem here is many of you guys arent just experience enough for talking to balance stuff like this. i have more than 3000 hours in the game rank 1 pc only (like the rank would matter but anyway you get my point) and played both roles long enough heck i even main nurse and cant stop laughing while playing her because its a joke in compare to any other m1 killer gameplay.

Also its a pity that this thread moves in the direction -> "HEY PIGGY IS ALSO OP SEE MY USELESS SCREENSHOT WHERE I GOT A 4 KILL AS RANK 13 ON PS4 WITHOUT ADDONS"

but okay i would rly love when devs would listen to balance feedback from players like zubat, scott, edgar and so on. killers would properly get more time (to help all m1 killers because theyre just in a bad spot rn), nurse would get nerfed by a lot and billy and spirit would get some addon reworks.

THE DREAM TO MAKE DBD A BETTER GAME

• gambit92
    gambit92 Member Posts: 58
    Options

Salt is just 3 bucks at walmart for a big thing of one. Apply salt to burns and git gud. Counter nurse by line of sight. Running different patterns and unpredictable movement. But guess you all 🏃 in straight lines. I always get away atleast twice to heal in a game vs nurse. Just as much as any other killer. Once again 3 bucks man maybe turn in bottles or something and apply to burned non skill area and be good.

• gambit92
    gambit92 Member Posts: 58
    Options

Yeah totally agree. The skill is from PREDICTING the movement of survivors to get next to them. So refer to my comment and stop complaining when you run terrible. Straight to a pallet that isnt going to work on her.... Maybe fake it go to next area where she has to guess where you are by blocking line of sight and keep moving or chill with iron will. Its so simple. And if god tier nurse. Its a god tier nurse love getting destroyed by her. Because billy can do the same thing. So nurse him too. Stop it. Very good points Stabbicus

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122
    Options

@Justice

“Once again you are not acknowledging that the best player SHOULD win…”

Yeah the best player should win in most cases. The problem with the nurse is that once the chase starts, there is literally nothing you can do to avoid getting down (assuming the person playing her is really good). So, it is no longer “the best player should win”. A more accurate statement would be “if she is good, she will win”. My best chance of survival is to spread out, do gens and pray that I don’t get found. The fact that I have to hide from her in order to stand a chance is just a proof of how absurd the nurse is.

“You act like the Nurse is as easy to play with as Wraith. She's hard as hell to master. Once you master her you deserve to be rewarded…”.

Firstly, I never said or implied that; please don’t put words in my mouth. Secondly, no killer should be rewarded by easy consistent 4k just because he is hard to play.

“…no try hard nurse is going to give up Ruin/BBQ//DH/NC/CI/Rancor…”

Believe it or not, the best nurses I have ever played against did not use any of the perks that you have listed (except BBQ). All the tips that you have mentioned are only useful against a bad or mediocre nurse. In addition, you cannot stay completely hidden and do gens in the same time, and with all the tracking perks that exist, stealth is not really a reliable option.

I think we have are already established in other threads that a perk/build should not be considered as a counter play to a specific killer/addon, so I am not going to repeat myself.

• AIG1992
    AIG1992 Member Posts: 98
    Options

Killer who takes skill = people want nerfed. We might as well start talking about swf nerfs too then!

• Zertix
    Options

@MaskedMurderer

Yes the game offers different playstyles and the nurse does not allow you to pick one. And no, I don’t mindlessly loop a killer, pallet loop, stun, and t-bag and I don’t know you can “mindlessly loop a killer”. Despite what some killers here try to convince themselves, looping does take skill and involves using your brain. My playstyle changes depending on the circumstances of the match which again, the nurse does not allow me this freedom. Not to mention that “stealth” is not the most effective/efficient playstyle.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636
    Options

Ok, when do killers get the freedom to choose their playstyle then? We've been forced to be reactive to everything survivors do for 3 years now.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

And? That's not a Survivors problem, just a game design problem.

• ArecBalrin
    Options

And this is the point where we're in a downward-spiral; it's one rule for survivors and a totally different set of standards for killers. Killers have an overwhelming justification for opposing anything and everything that survivors suggest because of this.

• Gardenia
    edited July 2019
    Options

But that doesn't mean everything killers suggest are 100% feasible. There have been bs suggestions by killers who frankly throw the idea of balance out the window.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

It's a survivor problem because they pushed for the looping meta. Most people avoided using the nurse because of the skill required. Now with looping the nurse is the best option so people are learning to play as nurse because so many other killer can't compete with looping. Survivors choose looping to be the meta now they have to accept that they've forced the increase number of nurse mains.

• Gardenia
    Options

It's not about the Obvious "Bugs" and unintentional cheesing of a chase. It's about the ability to BARELY DO A GODDAMN THING WHEN IN CHASE.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Survivors dont know what they should be doing or learn their timing/risk calculation or map awareness because their teammates on comms are doing that for them. No need to look around when your brah is squawking through the mic that he's chased.

And dont forget: "nobody plays like depip squad"

• Gardenia
    edited July 2019
    Options

Survivors didn't "Choose" anything, it was all in the developers hands to stop it when it began. But the devs now fully fledge acknowledge this as a feature of the game.

Someone else in this thread said that Nurse is like an airplane compared to other killers who are cars, and I completely agree. She bypasses nearly everything, and honestly that should not be the case.

• martin27
    Options

Don't get into a chase make a character build with a focus on disappearing quickly, coordinate with team mates to make noise when you break sight with the nurse

• martin27
    Options

You're right the devs didn't stop it because the survivors pushed for it. Also how many nurses do you run across for it to be an issues because i barely see a nurse

• Gardenia
    Options

"Don't get into a Chase"

Wth type of advice is that? You're bound to get in a chase with a killer sooner or later and you also just conceded that you can't do anything when in chase with her in the first place. Breaking LoS barely works as in order for you to do that, you'll leave scratch marks or blood when you do so and any decent nurse will still find you.

Aura perks are also a thing now too, and also not everyone plays swf so this coordination with barely any verbal communication is limited.

• Zertix
    Options

@ArecBalrin

"Ok, when do killers get the freedom to choose their playstyle then?"

Since day 1 you have the freedom to choose your playstyle. It is up to you to decide if you want to camp, tunnel, or spread the pressure.

• martin27
    Options

I've had games where the killer has never seen me. If you think the killer is coming towards you leave. Equip lightweight or urban evasion. Have you made any attempt to try these tactics

• Gardenia
    Options

Which is exactly why I said it's a game design problem, which thanks for agreeing with me. Those people are just playing the game as Survivor just as players who are killer are just playing nurse. So yes the game design isn't very good. I agree swf, is OP as well but just because you have an OP killer going against OP swf Survivor, that doesn't mean any of it is balanced.

So yes, the game design needs an overhaul and nurse needs to be tuned down.

• martin27
    Options

The nurse has been turned down, she use to have 3 blinks at base and a short stun time after a blink.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

These nurse threads are quite enjoyable.

• Zertix
    edited July 2019
    Options

Huntress is arguably the hardest killer to master and I rarely see someone complaining about her. Hillbilly is the second strongest killer in the game (in my opinion), and mastering his chainsaw takes more skill and time than mastering the nurse's blinks, and nobody is complaining about him. In fact, hillbilly is my favorite killer to go against.

So it is not like how you think it is.

4 very good and efficient SWF is ridiculous as well, I am not denying that. Sorry to disappoint you but there is no bias against killers here.

• Sluzzy
    Options

Should SWF win every game? Hell, should 4 solos that are just awesome with thousands of hours together that do their objective optimally win almost every game? Every one that wants nurse nerfed to hell don't want to talk about that. This thread and every single nurse thread is NOT about nurse being too strong it is about nurse being disliked because your usual gimmicky tricks don't work on her. You can't mindlessly loop and abuse game mechanics while telling your three buddies to rush gens.

• Gardenia
    Options

Realistically, trying to be "stealthy" doesn't always work and you get killed anyway.

This isn't saying I don't try to be stealthy, but no killer just ups and leaves, if they even see the slightest scratch marks or a gen is being worked on they will search around, in lockers, and the entire area surrounding it. If you factor in the fact when you hear their terror radius, they're already very close to you so you're not going far, and when they find you you will engage in chase.

So if you play "stealthy"/immersed, and stick to Gens you will still be found because teammates die, resulting in you being the only Survivor left, with hatch found by killer and the new EGC you do that, you can be screwed over easily.

• ArecBalrin
    Options

Every single thing you just mentioned is a catch-22, a dillemma presented by situations of which the only choice is how you are reacting, each with solid consequences for getting it wrong.

Since day-one, killers have tried diversifying to make the reactive playstyle we're rail-roaded towards more interesting and every single time we have succeeded, rather than take their own advice and 'just adapt', survivors whined to the devs and had the game changed.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Nurse is still the best killer on console and very difficult to play against. It's just, she is a lot harder to play well so most Nurse players effectively suck with her. But there are a handful of really really good Nurse players on console (I'm talking Xbox, can't exactly speak for PS4) that will crush all but the best survivor groups. I know 3 of them personally (though one uses omega blink every game, and it's honestly VERY annoying to play against that because it is stupid overpowered [and if you read this dude, no disrespect but you get the business from the whole Xbox group so you know what's up LOL]).

Point is, Nurse on console is still Nurse. Some tricks may not work as well, and she may be a smidge less powerful than on PC, but a good Nurse is still a good Nurse. In fact one of my close friends plays Nurse on both PC and console and he is about equal on both because it's not about the platform it's about your experience with the killer.

Therefore, console players DO have a say in this. And just FYI, there are console players that refuse to play against these good Nurse players citing she is broken OP, so this concept is not at all foreign to us (and as I said omega blink is definitely OP). You're just not going to see a bajillion Nurse's at that level because you really REALLY need to cut your teeth to get good with her like that.

• ArecBalrin
    Options

Well there we have a problem: survivors do not as a whole want that. They want to have their cake and eat it, they want Nurse nerfed but everything else to stay the same. The game is in the state it is because they have persistently lobbied for it to be so and for the most part have been given everything they have ever asked for.

Game design problems ARE survivor problems.

• GrootDude
    Options

@thesuicidefox they exist on PS4 too, I was one of them. Took a break and lost my skill.

• Sluzzy
    Options

Survivors opted for the "looping" and bullying the killer and the devs catered to the masses. The survivor meta now is to ALWAYS sprint in the wide open like a headless chicken and the nurse is strong against that meta. She's the killer, respect her and play smart for a change.

• Gardenia
    Options

Still don't agree, just because Survivors lobbied for something doesn't mean its all the Survivors. There are devs with minds and common sense who made this game if they wanted to do something they would, map design is not a survivors fault, hook bleed out times and mechanics are not a Survivors problem. A killer having a sucky power with 110% Ms is not a Survivors problem

• GrootDude
    Options

I never see survivors running around like headless chickens. Are you referring to your play style?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

You mean like Gohan?

Just go train with Piccolo again.

This discussion has been closed.