Why you give more bloodpoints to the survivors?

Options

Comments

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2019
    Options

Probably as long as it is taking for them to fix survivor's gateaux spawns, lmao.

I don't get why you insinuate a bias against killers when you bring up an example of bias against survivors in the same post.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    Options

Tell me the about thoes free killer perks. Survivors get all 4 perks they need ( exept DS) free.

• Brunofb3
    Brunofb3 Member Posts: 6
    Options

IMO, if you only play for bloodpoints and not with the role you prefer, the wrong one is you and not the devs. Pardon.

• DarkGGhost
    Options

@visionmaker Ok let's me put in same way that you can understand as survivor you get most of the good perks free and you have to lvl less character as killer you have to lvl every single killer that you buy with money or play the game around 30-40+ hours ( for one killer) and don't forget that you have to spend more BP in order to have add-ons to use that's mean the killer need more BP. Before you say that the killer has BBQ that's better than WGLF the reason is that the one needs money to get it and the other not. Yes, the game is paid to win as killer you need to put money in order to have a chance as survivors you don't.

@miaasma The thing is most of the good killer perks have been 2-3 ( at best) time in the shrine and don't forget you have to wait until one day the perk you want to show up in the shrine if you don't want to put money on the game.And the reason this thread exists is that as survivor right now you can make the same amount of BP per hour ( without the use of BBQ ) and the problem is the logic that devs use " Well one survivor must make the amount of BP as a killer perk game" which means that the survivors can make more BP per hour. Now the problem is not the BP but how they treat killer and survivors ( survivors get a free mechanic that help them in the game and killer get perks that may help but you need to pay for them ).

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

The only reason you feel that way is because survivor addons have been nerfed into the ground. BNP was great but is now worthless. Survivors dont bring items or offerings into games because there is generally no point anyway. You can just Franklins the item out of their hands regardless.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

It would be nice if they reduced killer addons in price simply because its consumed after each game actually I really wish they would do this across the boards, but as a survivor I really couldn't care less. I don't play survivor to earn blood points I play survivor because I want to play with friends.

Honestly bloodpoints are not the issues in this game. I do feel Killers should have more overall bloodpoints for each trial, but it should not be to the point it makes a blood hunt completely killer sided.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

Weren't you the one who said it first? It isn't "like me" in that case, but you just cubed yourself. The game takes two teams, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. That means both sides need to be happy, ideally. Survivors getting more BP so that they can rival killers with earnings won't hurt killers. I don't know why some people are so opposed to things that will benefit the opposing team. Both sides should be given the chance to earn a lot of BP and give the chance to have fun. This us against them mentality doesn't help. One side might have four, but you're only one unit in that four.

I also hate to break it to you, but a lot of people don't play just killer/survivor. They have different things to offer. Different play types (team versus solo).

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Well, let's see if we can clear the topic. We are all players of the same game, is not a fight about wich role have more problems or wich role is easier. Both roles have problems and BHVR is trying to fix those. Now they are trying to close a gap about BP, wich you will see if you see/play both roles. About the more bloodpoints, as some people said, they still are caped to 8,000 per each category so there are no “more bloodpoints” but there are more ways to get them for survivors.

Again, there are some things that need to change as killers side as well in order to be fair, but getting balance in a asymetrical game is harder tan you think. So instead of complaining about “how eay is winning BP for survivors and harder for killers” would be better to ask BHVR if they think is a good idea to add more BP let’s say for example when Plague infect objects. I hope we all understand that this is just a game, the purpose is having fun and entertain ourselves, life give us enough motives to be arguing so instead of arguing so hard for a game, let’s try to enjoy it that is the original design of every game (not only Dead By Daylight). 

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

Just what the game needs.

More incentive to not play killer.

• Commander_Riker
    Commander_Riker Member Posts: 23
    Options

Killers should receive more BP because it's much more difficult and stressful to play killer. There needs to be a higher reward for playing the tougher role. Survivors the real power role

• SleepyWillo
    Options

That might have been the case but given the changes in the past year I think its pretty clear that the killer now holds the power role. That said, its still easier for killers to max each category playing normally. Survivors cant max more than one category (objective) without competing with the other survivors and/or playing off the killers actions.

The only reasonable argument I've seen here for killers realistically needing more points is because they get greater benefits from using addons and their addons arent reusable. That is only an argument because survivor addons are useless (with the exception of instaheals which are the only viable survivor addon and arent reusable).

• SleepyWillo
    edited July 2019
    Options

That may have been true but with all the changes over the past year its clearly the killer thats now in the power role (EGC, hatch mechanics, healing, etc).

As it stands it is simple for killers to get points in each category playing normally. Survivors can only get max in one category (objective) without either competing with other survivors and/or playing off of the killers actions. Its ludicrous to me that I can get max points as a killer when the survivors are terrible but get minuscule points as survivor when the killer is trash.

The only remotely logical argument I've seen here for killers need more BP is the fact that they get far greater bonuses from using addons than survivors do and, as such, survivors can opt not to bring anything into the match. The only remotely viable survivor addons are instaheals and they, like killer addons, are exhausted on use.

Personally I think killers base kits should be buffed to no longer be so reliant on addons (while balancing with a slight nerf to current addons, obviously). Either this or a buff to survivor addons to make them worth bringing in. As it stands there is no challenge or guess work to playing killer as when you see a survivor the only item you really would worry about is insta medkits (or flashlight with a hag/wraith...). You can also be confident to each survivor loadout due to the lack of viable perks (but that is an issue for another thread).

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@altruistic next time you try to summon me, use the @ with my name.

I'm on the same page as @DocOctober and @DarkGGhost here.

Devs stated a long time ago that the amount per hour is roughly the same. We already explained how it works.

Killers had no queue issues before GF was released. It's simply the combination of new killer + event + survivors getting firecrackers instead of cakes + free weekend.

Most of us supposed killer mains have been playing survivor during the event. No issue here.

@Peanits correct me, if I'm wrong. But I think the last time the devs tried to give in to the survivor claims of getting less BP, you introduced WGLF. Which in turn broke lobbies for survivors. What makes you think, that this time will be any different?

• DarkGGhost
    Options

I have say that survivors and killers get the same BP per hour without the use of a perk or offering.

• DarkGGhost
    Options

Look i will have no problem to give the survivors the same BP as the killers get but only if both get the same BP per game and per hour and with the same difficulty. The idea and logic to give one side BP passively over time because it exists is just bad. 

• Tsulan
    Options

@miaasma but the bloodpoint gain IS on par with killers.

Does anyone even read what i write?

The changes will give survivors MORE points than killers. It won´t be on par, it will be superior. Thats what this is all about.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited August 2019
    Options

Because they caved in to the survivor-meme known as "kILLeRz EaRn MoRe BloOoOOdPoiNtZ!11!!!11!!!"

Post edited by Acromio on
  • SleepyWillo
    Options
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

Survivors get more or less the same amount of points per time played as killers.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

Last time the devs showed those stats, the difference was just 1,000 Bloodpoints, which Survivors made more than up by usually getting to play more games per given time period than Killers due to the inherent nature of Killers hosting the Trials.

Survivors have all the same tools to max out Bloodpoints as Killers, if they don't use them, then that's on them.

• Tsulan
    Options

@ToastfaceKilla i agree

People should play both sides to high ranks to see how each side performs.

• Tsulan
    Options

unless you put a @ with my name, i won´t get a notification. Please consider this when expecting an answer.

@miaasma now back to your comment. You said people have tested it. So i assumed, that there would be any proof of that testing. Like over an extendet amount of time. Depip Squad like testing with gameplay, screenshots, etc.

Not just "oh look i made only 10k" observations.

• Tsulan
    Options

Wait, so you even think that killers get more points than survivors WHEN the killer queues are long?

I really miss that LoL button...

• DarkGGhost
    Options

Do you have proof that the longer Q is because survivors don't play that's much?

• DarkGGhost
    Options

Every time the change the matchmaking killers have longer Q and this happen way before the event even starts.