New app like MLGA has SWF detection

Lowbei
Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
It detects and auto closes the lobby if any SWF joins.

If they arent going to blacklist MLGA, then they cant blacklist this either.

If they have a problem with this one, then I guess refusing to blacklist a known 3rd party app that affects gameplay like MLGA was a bad call.

Comments

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

What? It exists?!
    Does it work for solo survivors?

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Checking Profiles~

Its not a 3rd party app, therefore not bannable.

Has a 90% success rate

Careful though, might have to look at some cringy profiles

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Lowbei said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said:

@SenzuDuck said:

When killers can't get better and they have to use and app to dodge lobbies instead of one button, LUL.

git gud.

Didn't you mean to type

"When survivors can't get better and they have to get carried by having additional 10 perks per person while playing in a group, LUL

git gud."?

It is quite common to mistype that.

SWF teams are completely beatable - and any killer who can't or simply down right refuses to vs anything that looks remotely like SWF is a poor killer and they should practice more.

Never said they weren't.

Still.

Why won't SWF survivors grow a pair and try to git gud and play game solo?

Hmm?

Afraid of "OP killers"?

I'm sure every survivor does play solo time to time but obviously you're only going to moan about it when they're "harder" lol.

People dodge 2 man swfs it's getting ridiculous. SWF came out a month after the games release - swf has been around almost as long as the game has - if you're still not good at competing against it, stop competing or get better.

thats a lot of trash talking coming from someone who is too scared to play killer at all.

Ok :)

• franticpig29
    franticpig29 Member Posts: 102

So what is the new app?

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    SenzuDuck said:

@Lowbei said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Lowbei said:

SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said:

@SenzuDuck said:

When killers can't get better and they have to use and app to dodge lobbies instead of one button, LUL.

git gud.

Didn't you mean to type

"When survivors can't get better and they have to get carried by having additional 10 perks per person while playing in a group, LUL

git gud."?

SWF teams are completely beatable - and any killer who can't or simply down right refuses to vs anything that looks remotely like SWF is a poor killer and they should practice more.

Never said they weren't.

Still.

Hmm?

Afraid of "OP killers"?

I'm sure every survivor does play solo time to time but obviously you're only going to moan about it when they're "harder" lol.

People dodge 2 man swfs it's getting ridiculous. SWF came out a month after the games release - swf has been around almost as long as the game has - if you're still not good at competing against it, stop competing or get better.

thats a lot of trash talking coming from someone who is too scared to play killer at all.

exactly, which is why your hilariously biased and inexperienced opinion is laughable and discarded.

IT's funny that you lie on a forum to try and prove a point, I hit rank one every season, except this one because I've not played since rank reset.
    Also, three comments before this (in a different thread) i talk about how the clown is nice to play and shouldn't be nerfed, such a biased player I am.

Also, rank one is a joke - anyone can get to it on either side and acting as if it means anything is silly, kind of like bragging about stats on a forum is silly.

lie about what? your hilariously bias and inexperienced opinion?

you literally only play swf, because you get rekt solo, and youve never been anywhere close to rank1 on killer.

laughable
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    I don't check profiles or use MLGA or anything like that.

I think this new program is risky. Yeah it's giving survivors something of their own medicine back. But it can horribly backfire. We don't need a app to prove that the devs are survivor sided. That has already been proven several times.
    But when survivors start to have problems finding a lobby, because 70% of all matches contain SWF, then the devs will be forced to do something. This could result in something drastic as the long called temp ban for dodging. Which would possibly cause a lot of players to leave.

I'm split on this one. 
    Survivor mains have a really short memory. They got their SWF mode by lobby dodging. But call now for a temp ban for every killer who dodges them. Survivors dodging is ok tho...
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Lowbei said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Lowbei said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Lowbei said:

SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said: @SenzuDuck said: @PureHostility said: @SenzuDuck said: When killers can't get better and they have to use and app to dodge lobbies instead of one button, LUL. git gud. Didn't you mean to type "When survivors can't get better and they have to get carried by having additional 10 perks per person while playing in a group, LUL git gud."? It is quite common to mistype that. SWF teams are completely beatable - and any killer who can't or simply down right refuses to vs anything that looks remotely like SWF is a poor killer and they should practice more.

Never said they weren't.

Still. Why won't SWF survivors grow a pair and try to git gud and play game solo? Hmm? Afraid of "OP killers"? I'm sure every survivor does play solo time to time but obviously you're only going to moan about it when they're "harder" lol. People dodge 2 man swfs it's getting ridiculous. SWF came out a month after the games release - swf has been around almost as long as the game has - if you're still not good at competing against it, stop competing or get better.

exactly, which is why your hilariously biased and inexperienced opinion is laughable and discarded.

IT's funny that you lie on a forum to try and prove a point, I hit rank one every season, except this one because I've not played since rank reset.

Also, three comments before this (in a different thread) i talk about how the clown is nice to play and shouldn't be nerfed, such a biased player I am.

Also, rank one is a joke - anyone can get to it on either side and acting as if it means anything is silly, kind of like bragging about stats on a forum is silly.

you literally only play swf, because you get rekt solo, and youve never been anywhere close to rank1 on killer.

laughable

Wouldn't matter if I had been to rank 1 or not as killer, it's laughably easy to get there.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

@Lowbei said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Lowbei said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Lowbei said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Lowbei said: SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said:    @SenzuDuck said:    @PureHostility said:    @SenzuDuck said:    When killers can't get better and they have to use and app to dodge lobbies instead of one button, LUL.    git gud.        Didn't you mean to type    "When survivors can't get better and they have to get carried by having additional 10 perks per person while playing in a group, LUL    git gud."?    It is quite common to mistype that.        SWF teams are completely beatable - and any killer who can't or simply down right refuses to vs anything that looks remotely like SWF is a poor killer and they should practice more.

Never said they weren't.

Still.    Why won't SWF survivors grow a pair and try to git gud and play game solo?    Hmm?    Afraid of "OP killers"?        I'm sure every survivor does play solo time to time but obviously you're only going to moan about it when they're "harder" lol.    People dodge 2 man swfs it's getting ridiculous. SWF came out a month after the games release - swf has been around almost as long as the game has - if you're still not good at competing against it, stop competing or get better.

thats a lot of trash talking coming from someone who is too scared to play killer at all. Ok :)

laughable

Wouldn't matter if I had been to rank 1 or not as killer, it's laughably easy to get there.

oh im not saying its hard, im just saying that its too hard for “you”

you cant even get to rank1 survivor without swf to crutch

So... what's the app you were talking about called?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited August 2018

Well this app could be different from MLGA, if it detects SWF how does it do it? in theory as someone said they scan profiles well it has to interact with steam, they may scan for joint friends playing the same game on someones steam profile, to be honest though but it wont really matter as people can just private the profile or hide their friends list, if it however manages to circumvent the profile setting and see past the privacy settings that's a whole new ball game and then it would be bannable.

It could be just an improved MLGA of course and it stores the IP's in batches and then auto disconnects them but that means building up a database yourself but that may also dodge those players when playing solo or only in a group of X amount.

MLGA simply utilises what windows already has within the task manager and brings the app to the front running in the form of an overlay, the reasons they cannot do anything is because they would be in breach of privacy rules detecting it as in no way does it interact with the game files or the running of it.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@PureHostility said:

Didn't you mean to type

git gud."?

Didn't you mean to type that killers dodge anything they don't like the looks of if it's no easy?

I play a lot of solo and some swf for fun but the amount of killers lobby dodging in solo q has gotten a lot worse all because they don't like the lobby.

If they see 1 or 2 tool boxes or more than than 2 items in the entire lobby dodge. If they see more than 1 of the same survivor and no not Claudette, it's a dodge. If there's more than 1 P3 well dodge. So when killers can't get better or get an easy lobby they dodge.

Oh and survivors can' have an additional 10 perks but then you knew that already so your insult failed as badly as your argument did.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said:

@SenzuDuck said:

git gud.

Didn't you mean to type

git gud."?

Never said they weren't.
    Still.
    Hmm?
    Afraid of "OP killers"?

We do play solo as well, FYI.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Lowbei said:
    It detects and auto closes the lobby if any SWF joins.

If they arent going to blacklist MLGA, then they cant blacklist this either.

If they have a problem with this one, then I guess refusing to blacklist a known 3rd party app that affects gameplay like MLGA was a bad call.
    There doesn't exist anything like a blacklist
    The use of any program not on the whitelist is bann able and thus mlga and this new program fall both into that category
  • Master
    Peanits said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    If any SWF White Knights come to this thread and start mocking killers for having no friends and making claims that Survivors just want to play with their friends, I'm equiping Bond, making friends with the Killer, and leading them to the other Survivors.

Isn't playing with friends great?

And you can enjoy a spicy softban for your efforts.

Seriously, wouldn't recommend you do it, you would be banned for it.

Even though it is definitely a bann able offense we both know that you won't get banned for it, basically exactly the same as mlga 
  • twistedmonkey

@Master said:
    Peanits said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

If any SWF White Knights come to this thread and start mocking killers for having no friends and making claims that Survivors just want to play with their friends, I'm equiping Bond, making friends with the Killer, and leading them to the other Survivors.

Even though it is definitely a bann able offense we both know that you won't get banned for it, basically exactly the same as mlga 

All someone needs to do is record you doing that in game and send it to the devs, while its a slow process they do still ban now and again, I know this as I reported someone for hacking, 8 days later they were banned.

They cannot detect MLGA so there is a difference, you really should read up on what they are allowed to do within the anticheat system and what they can scan for and then you will see why it can never be detected.

• Master
    Vietfox said:
    Lowbei said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said:

@SenzuDuck said:

git gud.

Didn't you mean to type

git gud."?

you only play swf because you are bad at solo, aka the games balanced mode.

according to the devs, the game was not balanced for swf.

you need to practice more.
    You know MP games are meant to be played with friends, right?
    Sure, usually are in equal numbers, but this game was designed to be a 1v4 for obvious reasons.
    Also, what do you want me to do? I play both solo and swf, and when i do swf is usually with 1 more friend, 4 is quite uncommon. But if i see a friend online i'm not gonna reject their invitation because you feel offended, just grow up.
    Actually DBD was designed for soloplay. And multiplayer means that several players play in one game, that doesnt mean that you are able to play with friends via voice comms and DBD was never designed for that.
  • Master

@Master said:
    Peanits said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

All someone needs to do is record you doing that in game and send it to the devs, while its a slow process they do still ban now and again, I know this as I reported someone for hacking, 8 days later they were banned.

They cannot detect MLGA so there is a difference, you really should read up on what they are allowed to do within the anticheat system and what they can scan for and then you will see why it can never be detected.

@Master said:
    Peanits said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

@Master said:
    Peanits said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

From the outside perspective it just is an instant lobby dodge if a SWF joins. Killers can already do that at the moment. For hacking you can provide video proof but I dare to say that DBD players cannot proof useage of such a programm. That would be sth that has to be detected by EAC, but as MLGA, it will not manage to detect stuff like this.

I would really like to read up what EAC scans for, can you please provide some material.
  • Tsulan

@Vietfox said:
    Lowbei said:

SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said:

@SenzuDuck said:

git gud.

Didn't you mean to type

git gud."?

Sure, usually are in equal numbers, but this game was designed to be a 1v4 for obvious reasons.
    Also, what do you want me to do? I play both solo and swf, and when i do swf is usually with 1 more friend, 4 is quite uncommon. But if i see a friend online i'm not gonna reject their invitation because you feel offended, just grow up.

Game was never designed to be played with your friends.
    SWF was only introduced because survivors lobby dodged until they got into the same lobby as their friends.

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

@twistedmonkey said:

@Master said:
    Peanits said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

i don't even think that's what peanits was talking about. He was saying that you shouldn't grief other players by cooperating with killer because you could get in trouble for that. how someone started talking about this not being bannable because mlga isn't makes me laugh. :)

• Vietfox
    Master said:
    Vietfox said:
    Lowbei said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said:

@SenzuDuck said:

git gud.

Didn't you mean to type

git gud."?

Actually DBD was designed for soloplay. And multiplayer means that several players play in one game, that doesnt mean that you are able to play with friends via voice comms and DBD was never designed for that.
    I know some mp games are solo, but this one is not the case, and are many more meant to be played with friends.
    The thing is, why the SWF option in the game if it was designed only for solo play? Lol.
    Honestly, voice comms are everywhere, i dont really think devs didnt see that coming, that is actually expected.
  • Master

@benzos said:

@twistedmonkey said:

@Master said:
    Peanits said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

i don't even think that's what peanits was talking about. He was saying that you shouldn't grief other players by cooperating with killer because you could get in trouble for that. how someone started talking about this not being bannable because mlga isn't makes me laugh. :)

Well ofc griefing, i.e. playing together with the killer is bannable and they are actually able to hand out a few banns. Correct me if wrong, but wasnt angrypug banned because of this? Ofc he livestreams everything and proof is uploaded on his channel, so devs can hardly ignore those reports.

MLGA is bannable btw

• Master

@twistedmonkey
    Please send me a link where I can read up how EAC works, how scanning is done etc.
    I am honestly interested in that

• twistedmonkey
    edited August 2018

@Master said:

I would really like to read up what EAC scans for, can you please provide some material.

EAC websites states all you need to know, to put it simply EAC should only scan the DBD folder and the DBD files running within the ram, it in essence detects anything that tries to interact and modify those without permission, to scan for the likes of MLGA it would need to scan all the programs running on your PC to find the specific apps code meaning it could detect all the apps running on your PC, this breaches privacy rules in lots of countries as personal data on what you are running is not allowed to be accessed unless you give permission.

MLGA does not interact with the game what so ever all it does is check the IP address you are attached too which you can see by opening up windows task manager, in essence MLGA is just a quick way of alt tabbing out the game, finding the IP your attached too and store it in a notepad file, each time you join a lobby you could have that notepad file open and Ctrl F to search for it then dodge, its just an instant way of doing it with MLGA.

• Vietfox
    edited August 2018
    Tsulan said:

@Vietfox said:
    Lowbei said:

SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said:

@SenzuDuck said:

git gud.

Didn't you mean to type

git gud."?

SWF was only introduced because survivors lobby dodged until they got into the same lobby as their friends.

Well, admit is a bit weird to not be able to play with friends while being in the same team. Pretty sure the company got more money by changing this feature
  • Master

@twistedmonkey said:

@Master said:

EAC websites states all you need to know, to put it simply EAC should only scan the DBD folder and the DBD files running within the ram, it in essence detects anything that tries to interact and modify those without permission, to scan for the likes of MLGA it would need to scan all the programs running on your PC to find the specific apps code meaning it could detect all the apps running on your PC, this breaches privacy rules in lots of countries as personal data on what you are running is not allowed to be accessed unless you give permission.

MLGA does not interact with the game what so ever all it does is check the IP address you are attached too which you can see by opening up windows task manager, in essence MLGA is just a quick way of alt tabbing out the game, finding the IP your attached too and store it in a notepad file, each time you join a lobby you could have that notepad file open and Ctrl F to search for it then dodge, its just an instant way of doing it with MLGA.

Am I blind? I cant find anything regarding the scanning process on their homepage, can you please provide a link :lol:

• Tsulan

@Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:

@Vietfox said:

Lowbei said:

SenzuDuck said:

@PureHostility said:

@SenzuDuck said:

git gud.

Didn't you mean to type "When survivors can't get better and they have to get carried by having additional 10 perks per person while playing in a group, LUL git gud."?

Well, admit is a bit weird to not be able to play with friends while being in the same team. Pretty sure the company got more money by changing this feature

Of course they got more money and the game got more popular because of it.

BUT it was never designed to play with your friends. Because it was never designed around this, the devs didn´t balance around this. Which explains why SWF are so much more powerful than solo survivors. Now the devs struggle to balance this mess around a game mode that was patchworked into the game, because no one thought it would be a good idea to play with your friends.

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

@Master said:

@benzos said:

@twistedmonkey said:

@Master said:
    Peanits said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:

Well ofc griefing, i.e. playing together with the killer is bannable and they are actually able to hand out a few banns. Correct me if wrong, but wasnt angrypug banned because of this? Ofc he livestreams everything and proof is uploaded on his channel, so devs can hardly ignore those reports.

MLGA is bannable btw

i don't watch angrypug so i don't know what he was banned for. i don't even know why this is even brought up because how does griefing and mlga have anything to do with each other?

This discussion has been closed.