Did they change their mind on giving out event exclusives?

Was wondering since I got the hound mask and davids jacket when I didn't have them before. Is this just a bug?

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I assume a bug or lack of oversight. I have two of Kate's bbq shirts. I earned it, but why would I have 2?

I feel like they used a prerequisite (played at x date, during X timeframe, etc) to see who was eligible and gave them out regardless. If they "may" have had them, they have it to ensure nobody lost it kind of thing.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

No.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Nope. There's a news update when you start the game up saying that they're giving them out to everyone.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Finally. I've been wanting to reclaim my Hank Hill Propane Hammer again ever since making the jump from PS4 to PC.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Would have been nice if they had addressed what they will be doing moving forward with players that lost legacy cosmetics. An apology is nice, but an update on the situation and how it will be resolved would be even nicer.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

I’m happy they did this. I already owned the summer bbq ones but I’m just happy more people can enjoy them and I can finally get that David jacket.

I understand why some people might be a little disappointed but it’s honestly not that big of a deal. Maybe they could have put them in the shop instead of giving them away for free, but either way it’s just nice that they did this.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

Cool barely play this game anymore will have those cosmetics lol

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,487

Those events were released before the in-game shop was a thing (or very shortly after in the case of the Scorching BBQ event), when they didn't have a finalised way of having people earn cosmetics.

Now that the Rift is a thing, they can allow people to earn them for free during the event, while also allowing people who missed it to cough up the dough if they really want it (like with the Hallowed Blight/Catalyst events).

I imagine they gave these out to everyone for consistency reasons, and will be following the new module from now on.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

well we don’t want another case of “IS THE ANNIVERSARY SKINS RETURNING?!?!” on our hands like the legacy “IS LEGACY RETURNING?!?!” Thing.

Also why you may ask? For fun

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2020

In the end, it doesn't matter a hell of a lot. Most of the event skins aren't nearly as good as what is in The Rift or the store for that matter. But it does leave a sour taste in the mouth of older players. To grind something and then just have them handed out at a later date doesn't feel good at all.

It sort of makes me sad. And why would I want to participate in later events if they are just going to be given out. What is the point? Why grind? Why even have an event?

Just toss the skins into the store or something. Or give them out form the get go, and don't make a grind for it.

It may seem like a lesser issue to be upset about, but it does matter. It sort of affected how much effort I am willing to put into the game, and playing it as a whole.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Legacy skins exist and are still a bragging right....

also look, I participated in the event for lunar new year...all of them, along with the summer bbq event and I honestly don’t mind everyone getting the skins, they are literally just skins and don’t affect gameplay in anyway

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

What's with all the back and forth on this issue? Isn't this like the third time they've done a 180 on their decision?

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Why would I care if someone has a cosmetic I like on? Why does it matter?/ if anything I get to see it more and that's awesome..I never understood the absolute sheer toxicity of this

• Cius
    Cius Member Posts: 86
    edited June 2020

They give away cosmetics that we have obtained since 2016 but the cosmetics that we are getting from the rift take them from us

this is already absurd

• Cius
    Cius Member Posts: 86

but that does not solve anything, cosmetics are being lost right now and it will always happen

• ayaya
    ayaya Member Posts: 163

To make you not dodge the lobby and think that this David is an old player not actually some rank 20 with 10 hours on record...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2020
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

I, personally, am incredibly happy. I played during those times, suffered through the patch, then my steam account got hacked and I lost them. It didn't occur to me at the time to contact steam support or Bhvr support (I kinda just sat there like, 'Well #########' and then when retelling this story to a friend they suggested I should've contacted support, by which point I thought it was too late.

But now I can use David's Untamed Donkey Jacket again (even though why would you wear a shirt as David lol) and my life can become complete once more.

I'm not entirely sure this is the popular opinion on these forums but thank you Bhvr.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

Couple days ago people were getting angry over the price of a licensed cosmetic, now getting upset over cosmetics being given away for free? They really can't win. 😂

• FelineCephalopod
    FelineCephalopod Member Posts: 24

As somebody who was still missing an event cosmetic (the Hound mask) I am ecstatic that it's finally been returned to me!

I'm also happy that other people will get to use these cosmetics, even if they hadn't 'earned' them in the past. I feel like this is a wonderful decision by BHVR.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

I dont think they should do some honor system, lol. DBD players are known for their honesty and sweetness. Only a few of them would ever lie. 😕 lol

If they can't 100% be sure then its just unfortunate. I agree with keeping those skins for the ones that earned it. They should not go to anyone who didn't. Even if they were playing since back then. It doesn't prove squat.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2020

Yeh you thought. They'll do it to everything else.

Specifically not Legacy though. Which, if we are being honest. Don't make sense, it would fall under the same premise.

People will defend their move till you bring up Legacy, it's ever so special I guess.