Plague needs love and attention.

Comments

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I think that’s a huge mistake tbh. It’s so plain to see how much help Plague needs.

I would like to hear their rationale behind not buffing her, if that’s the case.

@Peanits

@not_Queen

Today is the big day. I hope we hear something about Plague.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Their rational would probably be in relation to there kill stats.

However we really have to stop using those kill stats in determining killer balance. Those stats are extremely flawed for a multitude of factors edging them near meaningless for determining any type of conclusions on balance.

Kill ratio =/= how balanced there are

• Alonzo
    Alonzo Member Posts: 151

Eventually no one is going to play with the Plague anymore. We have seen this before. Sad to see so much work go to waste.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I don't think she's awful but I do think the surprise Nerf on her release really crippled her. People enjoyed playing as and against her but after the nerf and the initial hype of a new killer You hardly ever see anyone play her.

The Reason I don't like her is there's just too much downsides to her power. It can be strong yes but when you have a slow down on charge, hold and on release it takes the fun of spraying vomit everywhere that she had in the PTB. Her games also go pretty fast since there's no healing involved when playing against the plague so you've more time to do gens.

• pemberley

The potential she has is there, but there is absolutely no question the ptb nerfs hurt her. You can’t even study ptb footage to learn her now.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,244

I've main'd her for about 2 weeks now. One thing I'll add is that her biggest issue isn't necessarily unique to her. Due to the absurd number of pallets and safe loops, she absolutely requires a pallet muncher build. 2 gens usually get done by the time multiple survivors are in the Broken state, and a lack of pallets in the area of completed gens is pretty inconsequential.

I guess there's one other thing I'd add. The slowdowns with Corrupt Purge are insane. Beyond unnecessary for a power that has to be given to her by survivors. The slowdowns are severe enough it's almost necessary for the survivor to make a positioning mistake in order to hit them with it.

• Alonzo
    Alonzo Member Posts: 151

Agreed. The Plague has huge potential but they crippled her.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

The plague just screws over benevolence emblems as well. No one heals or gets healed. Maybe if they gave decent bloodpoints and advancement toward emblems instead of just using the stick all the time, survivors would cleanse more. I think you get like a whopping +100 bloodpoints for using a fountain and that's it.

• pemberley

I knew this but it became extremely apparent last night when I specifically ran a unhook/altruism build with a kit, wglf, ds, bt, and wmi. When I saw it was the Plague, I could literally hear the “curb your enthusiasm” theme playing in the background. I guess Plague counters one thing! And it’s literally the one thing that surprise! doesn’t need a counter!

It hurts Plague, it hurts survivors (in the bad way) it needs to be changed.

She should, however, be the killer that specializes in neutering exhaustion perks and now that Freddy no longer will have action speed debuffs, she should also have a drastic effect on gen progress.

In other words, Plague should be the poster girl for “have had enough of toxic survivors and their crap blaaaaggghhh bow down to the lady in the crown.”

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Can you relay the statistics of the higher ranks in relation to what perks and addon setups people are using with her?

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2019

I ran into my first Plague match in over a month yesterday. Meta now is deny her the power and get an easy win.

The trade off of healing vs remaining sick or even broken is an easy choice.

Her power guarantees a down and if multiple people are near her it is easily multiple downs.

So by simply remaining one hit or sick you considerably make the game easier to win.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Yeah and there's enough pallets and windows to making staying broken/sick not very dangerous. The gens will be done long before the survivors run out of pallets because of how numerous they are.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Seriously, sample size is everything.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2019

I would agree, right now there is no incentive to purify, making the choice was part of the build design but after a few months it is meta, only potato's will give her the power to kill.

Right now one survivor takes the chase, drops a pallet and moves to the next, drops it till she gives up and or just moves along to the next of 12+ loops. Rest of the team gets the gens done. Normally halfway through Plague gives up or gets one down and by then its No enhanced power and 2 gens left. She is just to slow and the survivors are far to smart.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053
    edited June 2019

People rarely play Hag and she isn't a weak killer. Not just strength plays a role, I think. It's probably the game feel of a killer that takes one as well. As soon as you figure out the basics of Hillbilly or Nurse, they give you a really straight forward game feel. Hag on the other hand is more complex and her ports are very unintuitive in design by the clean cut. Similar migh be Clowns bottles slow arc flights and maybe Plague.

Throwing up on survivors might be fun, but often it's hard to judge when they got injured, when it makes sense to puke on gens, when going corrupt etc. Many options in a fast paced game.

By my personal experience, she feels decend. And honestly I can't judge how strong she is on red ranks, because I have no time to play killer as much as I used to. But I wouldn't be surprised if complexity plays a role.

• MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246
    edited June 2019

I'm not being funny, but your stats are not exactly reliable and should not balance the game around these, this can be clear from a stream WAYY back when the stats were given out, it was shown that nurse was a weak killer, now I'm not sure if you know this but nurse is the strongest killer in the game, not only this but the amount of factors that take part for kills, such as being AFK or SWF being heavily altruistic or the amount of times plague is actually played are not applied to these stats. I can tell you plague is NOT played well at high ranks and if she is, it's very very rare, the amount of people that agree that plague is weak + several streamers/youtubers not playing her but playing legion instead should show this. (Similar points as other people in here)

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Guys, did you know Leatherface is top tier as well? They have the highest kill-rate in Rank 1.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited June 2019

I'm sorry but this is very hard to believe about your "statistic" and make no sense like everyone else said

Also only rank 1? What about the other rank?

I'm in 12 rank and everyone keep playing "green no-mither style" and never touch fountains until they done with gen rush.

Just because rank 1 did something good doesn't that mean she is okay at all

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Imo, plague has one of the best projectiles in the game (being her corrupt purge.) Though i think that vile purge needs a little bit of buffing, especially since survivors dont cleanse.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Tbh the stats don't mean much. Too many factors are in the game such as how many of those were SWF, how altruistic, did they do gens, what perks and addons, were they AFK or not, ect. Saying that she gets kill thus she is good is not a good motto. If 100 people all 4k as Freddy against AFK's then the stats of kills on average would be completely wrong. In all my green rank plays just today, only 1 killer was Plague. Her power is completely controlled by survivors, and it doesn't even end chases if its a map with infinites. All games i play with her, i either kill everyone since they cleanse early or loop poorly, or kill nothing since they loop me all game and they just accept the broken status.This is even before perks that makes gen rushing easy.

• Perelie
    Perelie Member Posts: 433

But wouldn't this data be skewed by the fact she's the newest killer and thus people wouldn't know how to deal with her for a period of time post-release?

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

I'm sorry, who in Rank 1? Can YOU reach Rank 1 with her, no because the last time I saw a Dev playing killer was McLean on Twitch barely rank 13 the day before Rank Reset. Don't give us your backhanded, backwash fog-spat excuse stating that she's vIaBlE iN rAnK 1.

Give me a break.

Of that Kit Kat Bar.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Janick People would love to see some actual proof on that one because the last time you guys shared data she was one of the worst killers in the game in terms of kills.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I don't even think she needs buffs, I think she needs tweaks.

She needs more opportunities to use Corrupt Purge. That's a huge part of what makes her fun.

If she needs power removed somewhere else, so be it.

The only way I have fun playing her is when I bring an apple and force survivors to cleanse and not get sniped with only one health state. Other than that, you're playing perma tier 3 Myers without the fun stealth part in the early game.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Really? You guys are essentially saying that they are straight up making up the data. If the stats say she's 4king a majority of the time then clearly she's at least high tier.

Therefor, if she has an issue then it ought to be traceable to a non-balance issue with her. Or in other words any tweaks should not be made with the goal of making her stronger, but rather simply improving her gameplay loop's engagement.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

i don't think plague has a strength issue, i just think she's not terribly fun to play for most people because corrupt purge's use is entirely based on survivors' decision making and not your own. this means that playing against 4 competent players will prevent you from using it until the end of the game

the obvious answer is to give survivors more incentive to cleanse; make being sick more of an issue than just applying the broken status and some (incredibly annoying, by the way) visual effects. the flip side of this is that corrupt purge is far too strong for you to just be getting it all the time. a buff to vile purge and a nerf to corrupt purge might help in balancing out how she's played, but i haven't put much thought into what this would consist of so they're just loose ideas

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Is this based on all ranks or on ranks 1-5? Because the latter is the only data I care about for determining if a killer is balanced or not.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited June 2019

I think for me it's not always about being able to get 4 kills. It's also about being able to use her power. Currently 90% of survivors don't even bother cleansing themselves while repairing generators, basically leaving it up to them to even be able to use corrupted vile.

Understandably, not cleansing acts as a counter to Corrupted Vile, but I do feel that there should be a penalty for being in a broken status for a long time. Perhaps it doesn't need to be attached to the survivor's health, but their actions... such as repairing generators. It could be similar to what happens when in the dream state against Freddy when repairing gens, maybe not that slow, but slower than what it is now. It would only make sense that they aren't as efficient since they are supposedly sick.

I just think there needs to be a different way to obtain Corrupted Vile, Perhaps even add an add on in which if a survivor does not cleanse after x amount of time once broken, they go into a dying state. Just throwing some ideas out there.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

And there you have it. Plague's tough access to corrupt purge is her issue.

Solutions are things like:

• Making 1 fountain corrupt at the start base kit (forget what the addon for that is called)
    • Having vile purge inflict a debuff that makes it worth cleansing
    • Creating an alternate way to get corrupt besides corrupt fountains

And it would need to be counterbalanced. Some potential methods of doing that are:

• Decreasing charge time for vile, corrupt or both
    • Decreasing the max total spay for vile, corrupt or both
    • Increasing the base time to consume corrupt purge from a fountain
    • Decreasing time required for a survivor to cleanse