We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Killer concept: The Photographer

Options
Mooks
Mooks Member Posts: 14,161
edited May 2023 in Creations

The Photographer

Backstory bits:

• the photographer always wanted to make pictures of models for the top magazines or for the big commercials but was always considered a freak, models did not want to work with him
  • needed to make money for a living so started as a crime scene photographer
  • started to get obsessed with the crime scenes, got ideas how to make them „better“, started first to manipulate the crime scenes.
  • someday coming across one of the models, he just needed to make a perfect crime scene with her as a model...

Power: Photography

When clicking the button to activate his photocamera, the photographer will make a picture and everthing that is moving in a radius of x meter around him will stand still:

gens can’t be worked on, lockers can’t be opened (even when a survivor is in it), pallets can’t be thrown (edit: like that Blight Hex perk, which was introduced later) etc. Survivors will be stuck for a very short amount of time but then can immediately run again and vault, but can’t interact with something that needs to be moved (gens, lockers, chests. The Killer can’t interact with those either, so no breaking pallets, searching lockers etc. Additionally survivors in the terror radius get shortly blinded like from a flashlight. This power is on a cooldown.

Perk 1: Say ‚cheese‘

You know when exactly you need to take the shot, if the model is not prepared and gets blinded by the flashlight, it’s not your fault. Or is it?

Hitting a survivor will blind them for a very short time/makes them see stars/flickering lights or making them somewhat dizzy like clowns potions.

Perk 2: Group picture

Everyone should assemble for a group picture and be seen on it, yes even the shy guy that stands a little off by the bushes.

While chasing one survivor, you can see the auras of survivors within x meters of that chased survivor.

Perk 3: Perfect crime scene

You have an eye for the perfect scene. Nobody moves when you say it until you have captured that moment.

A downed survivor can not crawl for x seconds. The survivor can still heal up.

My other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):

Killers: The Ice QueenHannibalCharlie(The Darkness)The Blair WitchThe FirebreatherThe Photographer

Survivors: Aria MorrisonLukas SchmidtPaitoon Saeli

Survivor Items: Piece of Chalk, Pocket Knife, Walkie Talkies, Lighter, Water BottleSling ShotSpray Paint CansSalt PouchSmoke BombVoodoo Doll, Smudge Sticks

Game mechanics: Expanded survivor objectives, Exhaustion Rework, Spiderwebs

Post edited by Mooks on

Comments

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited February 2020
    Options

The power seems a bit odd, but I like all 3 perks, although each of their durations/ranges probably needs to be pretty short

• Mooks
    Options

i guess he needs something else to make him more unique. Like Demogorgon has his Lunge forward and tunnels.

but his power would help slow gen repairs and maybe end loops faster since it’s basically makes pallets useless for a short while. I thought about freezing survivors in place but that would make it boring/OP I guess.

• Hendo
    Hendo Member Posts: 94
    Options

As I'm reading this, I can't help but think of Stefano Valentini… Goodness I love photography! XD

• VoodooChild
    VoodooChild Member Posts: 319
    Options

That second perk would be killer, same value as BBQ too by being good perk with built in anti tunneling. All 3 are really good actually

Guy sounds a lot like Ghostface tho, not that there cant be similar killers personality/aesthetic wise if their powers are completely different.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

I thought more about One Hour Photo, although this guy is not a killer :)

• Mooks
    Options

I thought about GhostFace as well but GF really wanted to kill mainly iirc and document that, so basically making snapshots or selfies with his victims.

My character on the other hand came into this because of the photography and the killing is just something that needs to be done for the perfect set up. He is doing it for the art, maybe he does not even enjoy the killing itself but he certainly is not against it either.

• Green318
    Green318 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Seems like a good killer concept, very good. I would like to see him in DBD.

"yes even the shy guy that stands a little off by the bushes.". That is definitely a Jake Park.