We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Survivor Item Concept: Lighter

Options
Mooks
Mooks Member Posts: 14,161
edited May 2023 in Creations

General

The lighter is an item thats very dependent on addons - like keys. But it has got some other users that may tie into my other concepts.

The primary use however is to use the lighter to bless totems/create Boon totems. The lighter without addons makes the blessing interaction shorter (probably in scope of how the perk Counterplay shortens cleansing).

The lighter can be used to destroy spiderwebs faster (see Spiderwebs)

The lighter can be used to create a small source of light only protecting yourself from darkness (see killer concept Charlie(The Darkness))

Another possible use could be related to fire barrels if they ever get actual game functions

Rarity

Rarity affects the number of charges the lighter has

Addons

Addons can be different kind of herbs that are being burned with the lighter, something like lavender, bergamot, chamomile. thyme, rosemary etc.

some ideas (if you have others, please comment); some of them might have different "tiers" or rarities available:

one addon enlarges the area in which you boon totem perk is effective, if the boon got blessed with the lighter (note that I expect Boon perks to be nerfed in some capacity on live release)

one addon strengthens your boon and the killers animation to deactivate it will be longer (or they have to do it twice to deactivate it)

one addon hides your aura while blessing a totem

one addon takes away the ability to use the lighter for blessings but grants the ability to hide your aura when you use it

one addon takes away the ability to use the lighter for blessings but grants the ability to see any revealable aura in very near range to you (inlcuding killers aura, totems, other items on the ground etc.)

Background

Lighters are often used as items in (horror) games and I have tried to think of an actual use before. Now with the upcoming introduction of Boon totems, I got this idea. I also considered making a Witch Book instead as an item which synergy to Boons, but in the end I think my Lighter idea has more variety with my other concepts and with different addon possibilities.

Also I recently rewatched this trailer, maybe one of the items could actually be called "Adam's Lighter":

My other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):

Killers: The Ice QueenHannibalCharlie(The Darkness)The Blair WitchThe FirebreatherThe Photographer

Survivors: Aria MorrisonLukas SchmidtPaitoon Saeli

Survivor Items: Piece of Chalk, Pocket Knife, Walkie Talkies, Lighter, Water BottleSling ShotSpray Paint CansSalt PouchSmoke BombVoodoo Doll, Smudge Sticks

Game mechanics: Expanded survivor objectives, Exhaustion Rework, Spiderwebs

Post edited by Mooks on