We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Survivor concept: Lukas Schmidt - Brings his pets into the fog

Options
Mooks
Mooks Member Posts: 14,160
edited May 2023 in Creations

Survivor name: Lukas Schmidt

Backstory tidbits:

• Lukas grew up in germany and always liked animals better than his peers
  • In kindergarten he preferred to play alone with the hamster or watched bugs and birds outside
  • others always thought he was weird, so he never had many friends
  • dream was to become a veterinarian, but grades have not been sufficient
  • became an animal keeper at a zoo in the UK, was very happy there and the animals loved him, dream of becoming a veterinarian faded since the contact to the animals and taking care of them was all he wanted

Appearance:

• Smaller and thinner than the other male survivors, in his 20s
  • reddish-brown hair, undercut, pale skin tone with some freckles
  • wears glasses and has a lip piercing (lower lip, on the side)
  • standard shirt has a big lions face in front, in shop different colored shirts with different animal heads
  • skinny jeans and high top sneaker
  • at the bonfire, sits in front of the log with his cat in his lap

Perk 1: Felix the cat

You and your cat are inseparable, even in this thick fog, and you take care for eachother. The cat wanders around you with a simple KI that does not directly interact with anything and neither killer nor survivors can interact with the cat. The cat will create random scratchmarks when you are chased and will run in x/y/z m radius around you to distract the killer. While not in a chase the cat will hiss to warn you if a killer is in a radius around you, even when undetectable.

Perk 2: Polly the parrot

Polly will stay at your side and can imitate your voice almost perfectly. Polly will appear on a crow spot nearby you and will imitate you injured grunts.(tiers can be volume I guess?)

Perk 3: Lionheart

You may not be the bravest man, and certainly not the strongest. But if a friend needs you, you will be there. While unhooking you cannot be grabbed/interrupted. When getting injured or set to the dying stage, the unhook will first be perfomed til end. This perk has a cooldown of 180/150/120 seconds.

What do you think about Lukas and his unique pet-perks? Comments and ideas for balancing/rework are welcome!

I wanted to create some perks with the pets that feel a little bit different, but also have some value. Polly can be either a good alternative for Iron Will or even combo-ed with Iron Will, Felix can just create a little bit of a mess with scratchmarks and Lionheart is an attempt at another anti-camping perk, but in endgame it would feel a bit overpowered without a cooldown i guess?

My other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):

Killers: The Ice QueenHannibalCharlie(The Darkness)The Blair WitchThe FirebreatherThe Photographer

Survivors: Aria MorrisonLukas SchmidtPaitoon Saeli

Survivor Items: Piece of Chalk, Pocket Knife, Walkie Talkies, Lighter, Water BottleSling ShotSpray Paint CansSalt PouchSmoke BombVoodoo Doll, Smudge Sticks

Game mechanics: Expanded survivor objectives, Exhaustion Rework, Spiderwebs

Post edited by Mooks on

Comments

• HasterPhenix
    HasterPhenix Member Posts: 23
    Options

that fun, but if the game dev never created a game mod with IA killer, i dont thinks they never accept perks like this.

• Mooks
    Options

Well the AI of the cat would be way simpler than a killer. And Behavior has implemented survivor and killer bots for mobile, it’s just that they don’t want to use them in the other versions. I don’t know how well they function but work on AI wouldn’t be completely new

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,062
    edited May 2020
    Options

"Appearance:

• Smaller and thinner than the other male survivors, in his 20s
    • reddish-brown hair, undercut, pale skin tone with some freckles
    • skinny jeans and high top sneaker"

----

So... Quentin?

• Mooks
    Options

yeah if you ignore the differentiations then of course! Nothing wrong with it though, since Quentin is licensed..

i thought more red than brown hair, but not full ginger hair. Also way smaller, and the style with glasses, piercings and animal clothing should be enough differentiations

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,062
    Options

Quentin's appearance in DBD is not based on the actor's likeness. That would require getting in touch with the actor's people to work out an agreement. The name's licensed though.

• Mooks
    Options

Okay.. thanks for the info.. I guess?

i meant that since he is licensed he will not get much cosmetics so a guy that has some of the main characteristics in common shouldn’t be an issue as a new character...

• Green318
    Green318 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Sounds really good! Balanced, and might be a bit of a challenge for the killers