We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Survivor Item Concept: Walkie Talkies

Options
Mooks
Mooks Member Posts: 14,160
edited May 2023 in Creations

General

Despite the direct implication this item will not enable voice chat for survivors in-game.

This item comes with two different use cases and it is an item that always comes as a duo: either brought into the game or found in a chest the survivor has initially two walkie talkies in their hands. When picking up another item both get put on the ground as a pair. But if a survivor only drops the item, only one walkie talkie will be dropped, the other remains in their hands.

First function: If two survivors hold each one walkie talkie of a set in their hands, they see eachother's aura for a lmited range (say 36 m). When pressing the item use button however you reveal any aura that can be revealed within your range of x m as well as your own aura if outside of the initial range. This will cost charges though on both the set of walkie talkies (they share charges).

Second function: If a survivor holds one walkie talkie in their hands while the second one is laying on the ground, the walkie talkie on the ground will emit the same sounds the survivor is doing while pressing the item use button (e.g. grunts of pain, breathing, footsteps).

Rarity

Rarity affects the number of charges the Walkie Talkies have as well as the initial range where two survivors would see eachothers auras.

Addons

Addons can increase the charges as well as the initial range for seeing eachothers auras.

The battery-addons from flashlights now can be used for flashlights or walkie talkies.

One special (very or ultra rare) add-on gives the ability to transmit loud noise notifications for the killer while using the second function of this item (could be used as a distraction if the walkie talkie on the ground lays right next to a gen for example)

Background

I stopped doing these concepts because, well, i guess i made many already and they dont find really much appreciation and also in the latest dev Q&A stream it was said that community suggestions wont be taken into consideration anyways (though that was mostly referring to killers/survivors I felt like it would also include these item suggestions by me...)

Though another reason why I even started these was to have my ideas written down I guess and this one should join the others..

My other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):

Killers: The Ice QueenHannibalCharlie(The Darkness)The Blair WitchThe FirebreatherThe Photographer

Survivors: Aria MorrisonLukas SchmidtPaitoon Saeli

Survivor Items: Piece of Chalk, Pocket Knife, Walkie Talkies, Lighter, Water BottleSling ShotSpray Paint CansSalt PouchSmoke BombVoodoo Doll, Smudge Sticks

Game mechanics: Expanded survivor objectives, Exhaustion Rework, Spiderwebs

Post edited by Mooks on

Comments