We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Survivor Item Concept: Smoke Bomb

Options
Mooks
Mooks Member Posts: 14,161
edited May 2023 in Creations

General

The smoke bomb is a one time use item. It can be used while running, the survivors let’s it drop on the floor and there will be smoke around that area similar to Clowns gas, but not in pink but probably just normal gray smoke. In this smoke, no scratch marks will be visible. If a survivor stays longer than x seconds in the smoke, they will start coughing. Smoke disappears after a small amount of time passed.

The depleted smoke bomb will disappear and can’t be brought out of the game after usage.

This Item could work like the Flash Bang, which was introduced with the Resident Evil chapter (and which was also an item i actually wanted to create based on Alien: Isolation); so perk related instead of Bloodweb or chests and not able to take outside!

Rarity

The rarity will affect the size of the smoke as well as the time it will stay.

Addons

Addons can vary the time until a surv start coughing, add the effect of revealing the killers aura while in the smoke or make the vision of the killer (and survivor?) blurred like clowns gas.

If it ends up like the flashbangs to be a perk related item, then obviously there would be no addons.

Background

This is not an entirely new concept and I read some similar ideas actually here somewhere in the forums. But I put my own little spin on it and it was actually something that first popped into my mind while playing Alien: Isolation.

The picture is also based on the item in Alien-Isolation.

My other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):

Killers: The Ice QueenHannibalCharlie(The Darkness)The Blair WitchThe FirebreatherThe Photographer

Survivors: Aria MorrisonLukas SchmidtPaitoon Saeli

Survivor Items: Piece of Chalk, Pocket Knife, Walkie Talkies, Lighter, Water BottleSling ShotSpray Paint CansSalt PouchSmoke BombVoodoo Doll, Smudge Sticks

Game mechanics: Expanded survivor objectives, Exhaustion Rework, Spiderwebs

Post edited by Mooks on

Comments