We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Survivor Item Concept: Slingshot

Options
Mooks
Mooks Member Posts: 14,160
edited May 2023 in Creations

General

This item would work kind of like Adams pebble perk (Diversion), but it would be used like a flashlight (aiming): You press the item button to start aiming, and release the button to shoot.

The slingshot has a small number of uses which have to be reloaded, again similarly to Diversion, being in the terrorradius.

It will not create a noise notification where it lands though it will create scratch marks. It may also make the sound the underground would make if you walk on it (stone steps, grass rushling) to imitate survivor steps.

An alternate use is to shoot Crows to startle them and lead the killer away from you. Or you just shoot them because you can.

Shooting at the killer will not have any direct effect. Hitting other survivors may cause them to make a small injured sound, nothing that would bring a direct notification for the killer though as to not make this the antimate item.

Rarity

Rarity will increase the amount of pebbles you can have loaded at a time, may also increase the distance at which you can throw or the reload speed.

Addons

One special addon creates sound effects if you hit a gen or a locker, this should be rare or ultra rare.

Other (common) addons can affect distance, reload speed, size of scratch mark areas on impact etc.

Please feel free to make other suggestions for common or even special addons!

Background

I like the idea of the perk Deception, but always felt like it is a little bit lackluster. Also i sometimes wanna shoot those crows. I think it would be cool to be able as a survivor to use the crows as distraction.

My other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):

Killers: The Ice QueenHannibalCharlie(The Darkness)The Blair WitchThe FirebreatherThe Photographer

Survivors: Aria MorrisonLukas SchmidtPaitoon Saeli

Survivor Items: Piece of Chalk, Pocket Knife, Walkie Talkies, Lighter, Water BottleSling ShotSpray Paint CansSalt PouchSmoke BombVoodoo Doll, Smudge Sticks

Game mechanics: Expanded survivor objectives, Exhaustion Rework, Spiderwebs

Post edited by Mooks on

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,160
    Options

Added an item icon as well as formatted the text a little bit.