We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Licensed Killer Concept: The Blair Witch

Options
Mooks
Mooks Member Posts: 14,160
edited May 2023 in Creations

Elly Kedward, The Blair Witch

This Killer Concept is based on my (loose) memory of the film the Blair Witch Project and Blair Witch 2. I have not seen the 2016 movie but read a summary of the plot. I know that my power concept may be partly countered by SWF but I tried to play around this.

Appearance:

Tricky since afaik she is never seen in her movies. But I think there is an official video game that kind of depicts her. It would also be cool to have her be a shadowy/foggy figure without a defined face and all, but enough to depict her as humanoid..

Power: Possession

The Blair Witch can make herself be completely invisible, while in this form, a normal attack does not injure a survivor but possess him. Turning back to normal form from invisible will take some seconds and you will not be able to attack immediately (as to not be used as a better wraith).

When you possess a survivor you get to control his character, you can perform basic survivor actions (repairing, vaulting, searching chests, etc but not unhooking, unsure about healing, repairing will regress the gen slightly instead of really repairing) but mainly you can attack other survivors. You will have the undetectable status effect while possessing a survivor. Your crouching is normal walking speed, normal walking is 4m/s or 100% speed and sprinting will be 115% movement speed. Vaulting will always be slow vault speed. You can’t end the possession at will.

When you are possessed as survivor you will not notice it on first glance. You will be in a sort of parallel/Halluzination world. Repairing can be done but if you finish a gen it will not be counted as a finished gen and can be repaired again. You can’t open exit gates. Searching through chests will open the chest without revealing an item. You can see other survivors doing what they are doing in the real world. You can find humanoid stick figures (4 total) and destroy them. After the first one is destroyed, another random one will be revealed to you per aura. (They can be placed where jigsaw boxes/plague fountains/alarm clocks are placed). Destroying every figure will end the possession, you are placed where your possessed body was and the witch will be placed where you were when ending possession.

The last survivor alive cannot be possessed. If a survivor is possessed while the second to last dies he has a remaining time to destroy all figured to end possession. Works kind of like end game collapse, you will be snacked by Entity if you can’t escape possession. The hatch is also available while possessed.

Perk 1: Don’t look

While the totem is active, a survivor will be exposed after looking directly at the killer for x/y/z seconds, the effect will remain 3 seconds after looking away from killer. (Reuse Ghostface revealing mechanic, looking away and immediately to the killer will not interrupt the duration; this is supposed to change the normal chase where survivors pretty much always watch behind what the killer is doing; depending on balance)

Perk 2: Hex: Mark of the Witch

You are obsessed with a survivor. While the totem is active the obsession will see your aura while looking in your direction. You can kill the obsession when in dying state after they stun you 4/3/2 times. (Kind of an anti-OoO Perk, since they will not know the aura comes from this Hex; if you don’t use OoO and see the killer search for totem or avoid stuns!)

Perk 3: Hallucinations

Survivors have a slightly/moderate/tremendous chance of perceiving hallucinations of other killers such as: Hearing sounds (Wraith bell, Billy’s/bubbas chainsaw), seeing props (Pigs Jigsaw boxes, Plagues fountains) and traps (Trappers traps, Hags marks) and others (Doctors illusions, Demos portals). Moving towards it will make them disappear.

My other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):

Killers: The Ice QueenHannibalCharlie(The Darkness)The Blair WitchThe FirebreatherThe Photographer

Survivors: Aria MorrisonLukas SchmidtPaitoon Saeli

Survivor Items: Piece of Chalk, Pocket Knife, Walkie Talkies, Lighter, Water BottleSling ShotSpray Paint CansSalt PouchSmoke BombVoodoo Doll, Smudge Sticks

Game mechanics: Expanded survivor objectives, Exhaustion Rework, Spiderwebs

Post edited by Mooks on