We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Survivor Item Concept: Voodoo Doll

Options
Mooks
Mooks Member Posts: 14,161
edited May 2023 in Creations

General

A Voodoo Doll has to be charged before it can be used by the survivor. You can charge it up by looking at the killer (just like GhostFace reveal mechanic) and concentrate the Voodoo Doll (like a key). It can only save one full charge and has to be used before charging up again. There is a maximum amount of charges a Voodoo Doll can have during one trial.

Once charged you can use the vitem while x meters near the killer. The killer will get stunned but he will not automatically lose a survivor he is carrying (I think that would be too powerful). A carried survivor can wiggle further though and if they wiggle out you get points just like the way you get when a survivor struggles free after you sabotaged a hook.

Rarity

Rarity will decrease time to charge up the doll. Also the maximum time of usages can increase with rarity.

Addons

Addons may affect the distance from which the Voodoo Doll can be charged or used once they are charged.

I guess there can also be special addons (ultra rare) that can modify the effect of the doll, like instead of a stun the killer gets randomly teleported, the killer power gets disabled for a few seconds, directional input for killer get inverted for a short time etc. There is much potential.

Background

This may sound like a pretty OP item but it is limited in usage and obv needs testing.. if it turns out to be too OP maybe it can affect the survivor that’s using it as well (injure him, add a status effect).

My idea was to create an item that gives more incentive for survivors to interact with the killer without directly trying to initiate a chase, so for example while killer is chasing someone else you can stealthily charge up you Voodoo Doll and help the chased surv without taking the full attention.

My other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):

Killers: The Ice QueenHannibalCharlie(The Darkness)The Blair WitchThe FirebreatherThe Photographer

Survivors: Aria MorrisonLukas SchmidtPaitoon Saeli

Survivor Items: Piece of Chalk, Pocket Knife, Walkie Talkies, Lighter, Water BottleSling ShotSpray Paint CansSalt PouchSmoke BombVoodoo Doll, Smudge Sticks

Game mechanics: Expanded survivor objectives, Exhaustion Rework, Spiderwebs

Post edited by Mooks on

Comments

• Mooks
    Options

Added an icon and adjusted/advance some of the text passages

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747
    Options

Not impacting the Killer. Instead influences Survivor statuses.

Med-kits might influence Health states, the Doll influences things like magic cures for Exhaustion/Hiding Aura's, temporarily suppressing Scratch marks, etc.

You Voodoo the Doll to influence the Survivor.

• Underwear_Model
    Underwear_Model Member Posts: 94
    Options

I agree that the killer control could be an add on, and other effects could be added as functions once the doll is charged in the way you were explaining.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,661
    Options

I like the general idea behind this item, but if it were in the game I would find it absolutely infuritating. I can just imagine a scenario that would get me to rage quit immediately. I'm chasing someone, and it's been a really hard fought chase, they use every tile as efficiently as possible, chain together tiles well, use pallets at just the right time, and I finally get a hit. We go through this process again, and as I think I'm downing them, hit validation+dead hard takes that hit away from me. I potentially have to go through all this again, and as I'm finally about to actually put an end to this chase, I get stunned by seemingly nothing because someone was just watching this whole thing go down and had a voodoo doll. They gain enough distance to make it to a strong pallet and throw it, and I'm back at square on. I would quit the match right then and there.

• Mooks
    Options

That’s understandable. But I guess this is more of a base game problem and could kinda play out the same way if instead of using the doll someone bodyblocks and then palletstuns you or something similar. In case of the doll they actually had to ‚waste‘ time for charging..

Hit validation+Dead Hard (or dead hard in general) need adjustments either way and the overall balance of the game as well. All my concepts are kinda trying to focus on more variety in gameplay and not directly trying to find the right balance I think.