We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Killer Concept: The Ice Queen

Options
Mooks
Mooks Member Posts: 14,161
edited May 2023 in Creations

Title: The Ice Queen

Background Tidbits:

• Young and very talented ice dancer
  • Knew from a very young age what her passion was and had everything from her parents to pursue her dreams and became quickly famous
  • Her competitors started to vanish once they have shown they may be real competitors to her
  • Found out that her parents were the ones behind that, they mostly used their money to pressure the other girls to stop or they threatened them, some were never seen again though….
  • Ice Queen got furious about this because she wanted the competition to get better and actually wanted to win fairly, in rage after a big fight she got too furious and accidentally killed her parents
  • traumatized and scared for her career the Entity could persuade her to join the Fog
  • rumours startet that another ice dancer was behind the vanishing of all the girls including our Ice Queen, but there was never any proof, the Ice Queen has never been seen again

Appearance:

• Mask completey made of ice, partly let’s you see her face with blue lips
  • ice around her head is shaped like her face with a crown over her head
  • Ice dancer outfit and instead of walking/running she is kind of floating with ice skates over the ground
  • Weapon is a blade from an ice skate
  • edit: Later on, BHVR added ice themed killer skins. The Artists one goes in the direction I had in mind for the Ice Queen!

Power 1:

• Range attack icicles
  • Can be thrown just like Huntress' hatchets limitless
  • go in a straight line, so no throw parable and no skillshots over the whole map (needs LoS)
  • If a survivor gets hit they will have the icicle visibly piercing through them
  • Survivor will shine white (no Blendette in a bush) and have some white smoke coming from them during this (similar to Plagues infection but white instead of green)
  • Once the surv stands completely still the survivor is paralysed/frozen for a short amount of time, hitting them will injure/down them and immediatly stop the paralysis
  • An icicle can be charged (hold button longer) to inflict damage instead just like a Huntress hatchet
  • Survivors can get rid of icicles when going to a fire source (those barrels or some campfires that will spawn around the map, either where pig boxes spawn or not used places for gens)

Power 2:

• Second ability lets the Ice Queen move fast, similar to Billy or Oni, but no attack possible during animation
  • will create ice behind her similar to PHs trail when moving like this
  • Survivors will automatically run normally instead of sprinting if they are crossing the ice path (maybe hindered status effect?)
  • Survivors with an icicle will be frozen/paralysed immediately on the ice
Perk 1: WIP

Perk 2: WIP

Perk 3: WIP

Background:

I know the concepts seem like rehashed things from other killers. But thats just my way to easily describe the mechanics, also we already got a rich amount of unique powers. I think this one seems unique overall.

My other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):

Killers: The Ice QueenHannibalCharlie(The Darkness)The Blair WitchThe FirebreatherThe Photographer

Survivors: Aria MorrisonLukas SchmidtPaitoon Saeli

Survivor Items: Piece of Chalk, Pocket Knife, Walkie Talkies, Lighter, Water BottleSling ShotSpray Paint CansSalt PouchSmoke BombVoodoo Doll, Smudge Sticks

Game mechanics: Expanded survivor objectives, Exhaustion Rework, Spiderwebs

Post edited by Mooks on

Comments

• B_Random
    B_Random Member Posts: 370
    Options

I was imagining Elsa from Frozen would be the killer when I saw the title.

As much as I hate Frozen, I wouldn't be fully against to see a Disney property gone dark.

• Mooks
    Options

Elsa was considered to be a villain before they settled for what we got i believe!

i would definitely not opposed to some nods in design towards her

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Options

I have a Killer concept related to ice called the Lich

• Mooks
    edited May 2023
    Options

I know, I commented on it and it made me actually think about this concept I had before but only in my mind! The icicle/snowball throwing are also similar and I might have ‚stolen‘ or -better phrased- incorporated your idea of charging it

Post edited by Mooks on
  • Mooks
    edited November 2020
    Options

Changed the paralysis/frozen status from timer-based to movement based.

Maybe better anti-loop and skillbased this way, plus it encourages the killer to use the ice-pathing to get the paralysis.

also timer based feels pretty boring and I may use that too often in my concepts

• galanonim25
    galanonim25 Member Posts: 101
    Options

I wanted to make an ice killer concept but I found yours before making it. I seemed I have thought of very similar killer power ideas. I'm glad that I found this, I almost became copy cat accidentally xd

• Mooks
    Options

There are many other killer concepts with ice element in mind I wasn’t the first and probably used some ideas from others as well, don’t worry of accidentally using similar concepts in your own creation! At least I wouldn’t accuse you.

the more the better, maybe you got another spin on something i tried to do and make it actually better!

• RDQ_TheRedFox
    RDQ_TheRedFox Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2022
    Options

"Shatter Dash" for Power 2

"Ice Spear" for Power 1

Hindered is a good idea for both Shatter Dash paths and Ice Spears. I believe both Ice Spears and Shatter Dash should inflinct a secondary effect called "Freezing" which is unique to the Ice Queen, similar to Madness or Sleep Penalty. Freezing should then not deplete when walking, slowly deplete when running, slowly rise when standing still, and rapidly deplete if interacting with a "Campfire" that spawns in similarly to Pools of Devotion, Jigsaw Boxes, Alarm Clocks, etc.

Next, some perks to match up with this fun concept, since you've left them blank and I love coming up with ideas.

Perk 1] Winter's Embrace

Hitting a Survivor with your Basic Attack inflicts a 10% Hindered status effect for 5/10/15 seconds to the Survivor. Whenever a Survivor is Hindered, they gain 1% more Hindered per second until no longer Hindered.

Perk 2] Competitive Spirit

For each Generator completed, Competitive Spirit gains a token up to a maximum of 5. For each token, you are given a stackable 2/3/4% Haste status effect up to a maximum of 10/15/20%.

Perk 3] Shattering Swing

Hitting a Survivor with your Basic Attack inflicts them with the Incapacitated status effect for the next 12/14/16 seconds.

Please let me know what you think of all of these.

Post edited by RDQ_TheRedFox on
  • Mooks
    Options

I love all of this!

the names are great, especially „Shatter Dash“ and „Winter‘s Embrace“. Also love the fact you incorporated the chars background in your ideas, like „Competitive Spirit“.

On the power description I actually had to look if I hadn’t described the Freezing status like this, you definitely described what I had I mind there! And way better than I could (just going over my OP because of typos…again)

For Hindered I guess both powers inflicting it directly would make her power too similar to the Clown?

i like your perk ideas as well, nothing too strong or complicated but they have their usages and combo potential! CS may need some adjustments on the numbers, as 20% haste combined with Noed might get nasty(?)

• RDQ_TheRedFox
    RDQ_TheRedFox Member Posts: 60
    Options

Right, the Clown! I'm glad you like the ideas, and I do realize how OP end-game haste can get especially if combined with the 4% haste you can get from NoED. I'm not sure what other effects could work in place there since there aren't very many positive ones, and the few that exist are primarily against the idea of what a competitive spirit is.

CS could be absolutely redefined to have a token limiter with 1% per token and the tokens are what change with each tier, that being 3/4/5 tokens.

• Mooks
    Options

Could probably although implement it so it does not stack with other haste effects!

• 安藤零
    安藤零 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Well, it's weird, unless you are speaking of Dota2's one...

basically, liches got nothing to do with ice in fantasy, lich is sane (that's important, because it's mostly necros who want more power and willfully transform into immortal liches) undead skeleton necromancer. Liches command even bigger armies of undead than regular necros, cuz of higher mana pool.

And that explains why it's unrelated to ice, since necromancy isn't ice magic :)

• CLB198
    CLB198 Member Posts: 315
    Options

perk idea:

Chill of Death:

When a survivor is unhooks another survivor they are slowed by 3/5/7% for 8 seconds.