Features & Content
- Feature - Changed the lobby music back to the default music.
- Content - Added William "Bill" Overbeck as a playable character.
- Content - Added the 4 Left 4 Dead outfits for Dwight, Meg, Claudette and Jake.
- Content - Added support for 4 new languages: Portuguese - Brazil, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
Badham Preschool map changes
- Added 5 new variations of the Badham Preschool map.
- Adjusted the safety rating of each pallet loop in the maps.
- Diversified the number of sides a generator could be repaired from on all tiles.
- Each tile is now unique and will only spawn once.
- Improved totem hiding spots.
- Reduced the minimum distance between pallets to 8 meters.
Adjusted some score event for Survivors:
- Increased Cleansing (dull totem) from 600 to 1000.
- Increased Cleansing (hex totem) from 1000 to 1500.
- Increased Map Scout from 150 to 250.
- Increased healing an ally without a medkit after the exits were powered from 500 to 700 (percentage based).
- Increased healing an ally without a medkit before the exits were powered from 400 to 500 (percentage based).
- Increased the Hatch Escape score event from 2000 to 2500.
- Increased the Killer Blind score event from 250 to 400 (outside of a chase).
- Increased the Killer Blind score event from 250 to 500 (while in a chase).
Killer score events:
- Added a score event for totem, hook sabotage and Jigsaw Box search interrupts.
- Added a visual and SFX notification when affected by the Exposed status effect.
- Adjusted the cooldown for successful Cannibal chainsaw attacks to be the same as that for a missed chainsaw attack (adjusted movement speed and reduced duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds).
Survivor perk changes
- Added text to stipulate the condition that you cannot use Head On if you have accrued idle crows.
- After the perk conditions are met, you will perform the Head On action when you rush out of a locker. Head On will cause exhaustion only when stunning the killer.
- Head On will stun the Killer if the Killer enters the zone during the Head On animation or if the Killer was already in the zone when Head On is activated.
The Nightmare Changes
Gameplay & power changes
- Awake Survivors will see The Nightmare within 16 meters, The Nightmare will be intermittent from 16 meters to 32 meters, and while awake Survivors will hear The Nightmare emit a Terror Radius of 32 meters.
- Survivors fall asleep passively over 60 seconds. Once asleep survivors see The Nightmare and hear The Nightmare emit a 2D 32 meter Lullaby instead of a Terror Radius. Once asleep Survivors will see the aura of an Alarm Clock on a dresser.
- An awake Survivor can wake up a sleeping Survivor.
- Survivors can wake up by failing skill checks.
- Survivors can wake up by going to and removing an Alarm Clock off a dresser.
- Dream Snares slow and reveal a Survivors location.
- Only effective and visible towards Sleeping Survivors.
- Killers start with 8 tokens, each Snare costs 1 token to place. Only 8 traps can be placed at one time.
- Channel the ability to create a husk of The Nightmare at the targeted generator, complete the channel to take the position of the husk.
- Can be cancelled.
- For each sleeping Survivor gain a 15% cool down reduction on Dream Projection.
Misc Nightmare changes
- All of The Nightmare's add-ons have been modified to function with his new power set. If you have add-ons for The Nightmare, they will be exchanged for the new ones.
- Failing a hook sabotage skill check will wake up an asleep Survivor.
- Loading tips for The Nightmare and playing against The Nightmare have been updated.
- Power Description and Power Tooltip updated for The Nightmare.
- Reduced the intensity of the Dream World post-process effect to increase visibility for survivors.
Audio & Localization:
- Fixed an issue that caused Julie and Susie to sound like Frank in-game.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Huntress lullaby not to play from her perspective.
- Fixed an issue that caused the SFX when a Survivor joined a lobby or switched characters to be missing in lobbies and in the Store.
- Major localization and translation improvements.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Killers to open the exit gate while carrying a Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors models to reappear when The Shape used his stalking ability while the Survivor was being sacrificed.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to get the Protection score event when being near an injured Survivor when reaching the Broken state by The Plague's vomit.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Ghost Face not to have an off-screen notification when spotted in the 180 degrees in front of him.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Hag's Phantasms to stay permanently when The Hag is behind the users camera and facing a Phantasm.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Shape's stalking range to be wrongfully decreased. Stalking range has been adjusted back to within 40 meters.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Trappers camera to look down after picking up a bear trap.
- Fixed an issue that caused items to remain infected when Survivors cleansed their sickness from a fountain.
- Fixed an issue that caused the flashlight item not to reveal The Hag's Phantasm Traps.
- Fixed an issue that caused trapped Survivors not to get downed when hit by The Trapper while they are struggling in the trap.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when a Survivor died from a reverse bear trap at the same time as entering/exiting a locker.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused The Plague's vomit not to appear on windows.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Survivors to clip through a column on the lower floor of The Game map.
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Trapper to set bear traps under the bottom part of a door frame in the Thompson House.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to get on top of a wall and junk asset in the Crotus Prenn Asylum maps.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to walk on a specific rock asset in the Suffocation Pit map.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to get stuck when attempting to escape the basement in the office building in the Azarov's Resting Place map.
- Fixed an issue that caused a bone on the hanging carcass in the smoke house to partially block player movement in the Mother's Dwelling map.
- Fixed an issue that caused a hole in one of the hills in the Family Residence map.
- Fixed an issue that caused a hook in front of the warehouse to float in the Coal Tower map.
- Fixed an issue that caused a ski stick to be floating on top of the bar counter in the chalet of the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Fixed an issue that caused a specific crate asset near the water tower to disappear at a certain distance in the MacMillan Estate maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between a hooked Survivor and a bed frame on a specific tile in the Lery's Memorial Institute map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between a tree and a bush on a specific tile in the Lampkin Lane map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between the mine building and a rock in the Suffocation Pit map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible collision that blocked player movement on the boxes on top of the bar in the cabin of the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Fixed an issue that caused flickering ground textures in the Red Forest maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused hiding Survivors to clip inside of lockers in the control room of The Game map.
- Fixed an issue that caused part of the Thompson House roof to be missing.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to become stuck on a hill between the hill and 2 bamboo trees in the Family Residence map.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to clip inside certain big tree trunks in the Backwater Swamp maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused some flickering textures on some walls in the Family Residence map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killer to become blocked when the Survivor dropped a specific pallet on them in The Game map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the corn field to be partially missing when viewed from the top floor of the Thompson House.
- Fixed an issue that caused the snow decal on the ground in the chalet to end abruptly in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Killers to get partially stuck on top of two rock assets in the Lampkin Lane map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for The Hillbilly to chainsaw sprint into the lower floor of the temple in the Temple of Purgation map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to escape the basements if the Killer was in the doorway when the basement spawned in the main buildings in the Ironworks of Misery, Thompson House and Blood Lodge maps.
- Misc LOD fixes and improvements.
- Fixed an issue that allowed certain Survivors to interact with totem debris.
- Fixed an issue that caused Dwight's character model to disappear and reappear in the beginning of the Survivor Tutorial.
- Fixed an issue that caused Feng Min's eyes to be closed for most interactions.
- Fixed an issue that caused Killers to see the Survivor's shadow mesh in T-pose where the Survivor spawned when the Survivor had been sacrificed.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivor to see their own auras when incapacitated.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors models to be placed outside of the locker if movement input was used while entering the locker with high lag.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to instantly disappear when escaping through the exit.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to receive a loud noise notification bubble when in direct line of sight of another Survivor who cleansed a hex totem.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Ghost Face camera not to zoom in when viewing his backstory in the in-game Store.
- Fixed an issue that caused a hang when leaving the Killer Tutorial after hooking Meg.
- Fixed an issue that caused disconnected clients not to be promptly removed from the online lobby.
- Fixed an issue that caused generator progress not to show until interacting with the generators in both the Killer and Survivor Tutorials.
- Fixed an issue that caused spectators to see an incapacitated Survivors bloody overlay from another Survivor's point of view.
- Fixed an issue that caused the End Game Collapse timer to be permanently slowed if a Survivor crawled out of the exit.
- Fixed an issue that caused the End Game Collapse to trigger in the Killer Tutorial.
- Fixed an issue that caused the dodged lobby timeout not to advance while in the Store or Credits.
- Fixed an issue that caused the flashlight beam to no longer be progressive.
- Fixed an issue that caused the hatch audio and VFX to continue playing after the hatch was closed by the Killer.
- Fixed an issue that caused the smoke from fire barrels to block loud noise notifications.
- Fixed an issue that caused the terror radius to be missing in the Survivor Tutorial.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the End Game Collapse timer not to be slowed when the last Survivor in the match was downed.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Survivors models to change from dying to injured when escaping the Killers grasp by any means.
- Misc cosmetic clipping and improvements.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that could prevent Survivors from successfully escaping through the exit gates.
- Updated the attack system to flag certain attacks as basic attacks. This will help with consistency of 'attack' conditions in perks, add-ons and powers.
- Fixed an issue that caused auras not to show until rebooting the application after chunking.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Risk It All achievement not to unlock when meeting the requirements.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Killers to see Survivors' silhouettes through auras.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Survivors to use Sprint Burst at will by either crouching or using a map or key item.
- Fixed an issue that caused Enduring to have incorrect stun times.
- Fixed an issue that caused Kindred to remain active when the hooked Survivor disconnected.
- Fixed an issue that caused Vigil to have no effect on Exhaustion caused by Sprint Burst.
- Fixed an issue that caused a desync around the broken pallet area when the pallet was destroyed with the Spirit Fury perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mettle of Man perk to remove the Dream State when triggered.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that caused the Decisive Strike perk not to always stun the Killer.
UI & HUD:
- Fixed an issue that allowed users to change multiple options at the same time in the Kill Your Friends Match Management screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused the DLC Unlock prompt to appear on already purchased characters in the Store.
- Misc UI improvements.
NOTE: The slowdown caused by missed attacks with Mad Grit was removed in this update. This is an intentional change. Although it may seem like a Killer is moving faster while swinging rapidly, rest assured that their movement speed is unaffected and they gain no advantage by doing so.
- Infectious Fright is no longer tied to basic attacks and will trigger whenever a Survivor is put into the dying state.
- Dark Devotion duration has been increased and cooldown has been removed.
- A buffer has been added to reduce the friction and make it easier to place Dream Snares as The Nightmare.
- Slightly reduced the charge timer for placing Dream Snares as The Nightmare.